After enormous frustration, I started the path

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirLouen

Reaction score
I built my house & office short time ago (I have everything integrated) I noticed that the electricity professional that did the work, had enough experience, but did things, from my perspective, without that interest that one should put, regardless the fact that the payment for the job was good enough compared to most budgets I had on the table. Personally, I'm into smart home and computer systems, but electricity was not a thing of huge interest on my life, until that time.

Worst part is, trying to find a replacement for such poor job, I've found that contrarily to other professions like plumbering or builders, I could not find any degree of confidence with people I talked. Maybe it is because in the region I live, people are used to work like in the old times. This is why I had to take the bull by the horns and start this path and here I am now, trying to keep learning on the process.

I built my house & office short time ago (I have everything integrated) I noticed that the electricity professional that did the work, had enough experience, but did things, from my perspective, without that interest that one should put, regardless the fact that the payment for the job was good enough compared to most budgets I had on the table. Personally, I'm into smart home and computer systems, but electricity was not a thing of huge interest on my life, until that time.

Worst part is, trying to find a replacement for such poor job, I've found that contrarily to other professions like plumbering or builders, I could not find any degree of confidence with people I talked. Maybe it is because in the region I live, people are used to work like in the old times. This is why I had to take the bull by the horns and start this path and here I am now, trying to keep learning on the process.
Smart home stuff is not of great interest to most electricians, it's a different discipline. Electrics are basically power ccts, smart home gear is control circuitry, and to be frank, difficult to keep up with as standards change rapidly. Eg I was involved with a 'smart house ' about 5 years ago, everything was hard wired back to a central control system. Theses days it would almost certainly be WiFi to achieve the same thing.

Trouble is with such stuff for a small company or one man band, is anything goes wrong and it's incredibly time consuming to fix, which directly affects earnings. So in short most electricians don't want to get involved in the first place.

Latest posts