Agricultural

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elephant

Reaction score
So got a job to supply a shed from another shed on a farm.  The old overhead supply was pulled down by a tractor driving under it.  The farmer has told me he would raise the catenary higher (supposedly to 6m).  Still will try to persuade him to go underground as its about 20m between sheds.

So if I can't persuade him to go underground with the cable was planning to run supply in Hituff cable tied to the catenary.  However since tractors and machinery seem to be getting bigger was thinking of adding another fail safe- adding a commando socket so that in the event of something catching the cable it would only snap the catenary or wall bracketbracket and disconnect the commando socket. Any thoughts or does it sound a mad idea?!

thanks all.

I'd just go with the catenary at 6m high and let them get on with it .   A support post in the middle might be good . 

Farmers don't like paying you for stuff they can do , like erecting catenaries  .  Tell him it should  6m   if he's not bothered  just go with it ....they'll just fetch it down again .  

Yeah your prob right Evans Electric....just need someone to say what  I was thinking about- the more damage they do....the more work I get!

thanks