Air Con bonding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob69

Reaction score
In a loft space for a flat an air conditioning system has been installed and supplied on own circuit from Fuseboard.Will this require supplementry bonding to adjacent light circuit and if so at every light accessory or will just one point suffice???????Thanks Rob

Hi Andy,this is what i have been told by the firm i work for. The firm that fitted air con also said no earth to the lights!!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:17 ----------

Personally, i don't think it requires earth to the adjacent light circuit even though it is galvanized ducting.

Rob,

If anything off the top of my head main bonding, not supplementary to local circuit, though I don't know the install, nor have I checked the "regs" yet.

Hi Sidewinder,i take it you mean main bonding from fuseboard to ducting not via adjacent light circuit???

if the duct is extraneous, then it will need bonding. but its unlikely to be extraneous.

so the only earth it will need is the CPC from the circuit supplying it

Thanks Andy,

So to confirm the ducting is part of the electrical system and therefore earthed via CPC at fan connections.

Thanks Evans,It made me suspicious when i was aked the question.I think the air con installers were trying to get supply from

light circuit!!!!!1 which is why this came up!!!