Allowed time for commercial eicr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conversely go to your line manager and ask them if they would be so kind to demonstrate how to do that many circuits in a day.

Exactly my point, if they can't show how it's done, how can they instruct that many circuits per day.

The problem you have is trying to make the irresponsible managers you are working under aware of their responsibilities to the client when the client has deferred their duty of care to them
Unfortunately you as the guy on site carying out the I & T and signing the certificate are first in the line of fire should an incident involving the installation you have tested occurs, after that we move onto who is checking and / or authorising the certificate and do they fully understand their responsibilities and potential liabilities

The problem you are hoping to resolve is not just limited to the company you are working for and is really an industry wide issue where the quality of I & T widely varies and ultimately comes down to cost and a lack of understanding on the clients part of what they are actually purchasing with the possession of a satisfactory certificate being sufficient to satisfy H & S requirements they are not bothered that the quantity of circuits tested within X hours, days or weeks is actually achieveable to a reasonable to high standard

Personally I think you have little or no chance of changing (as you call them) the idiots attitude to responsible and ethical I & T and it would probably be a lot easier and less hassle to seek employment elsewhere rather than banging your head against the wall.
Once I get my holiday out of the way mate that’s what I will be doing I reckon.