Angry Customers, How To Deal With?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Pashley

Reaction score
Today i had a manager in a buisness angrily shouting at me about something total beyond my control, i wasnt even there in relation to that job. Now i attempted to calm this person down but the continued and wouldnt give me the information i needed to get on with my work. In the end i just walked out and to be honest everytime i have worked there i have sensed some hostility for unknown reasons. I wouldnt deal of talking to someone in such a way more so when they also could quite easily be a potential customer...How would you deal with this?

If he's just a manager I'd send the owner an email that included an invoice for my time on site up to now plus an explanation of what transpired and a request for a written apology.

If he's just a manager I'd send the owner an email that included an invoice for my time on site up to now plus an explanation of what transpired and a request for a written apology.
Thought down your way you'd go back later with the R4!  :lol:  

Me, id walk there are plenty of people who do want something doing and are nice and willing to pay. Life's too short, I'd rather sit at home watching  day time tv than do work where it's not appreciated. 

Thought down your way you'd go back later with the R4!  :lol:  
So thats what they do in Wales  Eh !   Burst into the premses and play Radio 4 loudly .

I 'spose they wait till 7.00pm  and blow them away with  The Archers theme tune  .....Rum-te-tumpty-tumpty -tum-- rumtetumtytum.... 

You can hear their car music centres a mile away ... blasting out "Women's Hour" ......or  " I'm sorry I Havn't a  Clue "  :coat   :coat  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have walked out on three jobs.

in each case told them that they would need me much sooner than I will need them, also sent email and letter via registered post to the MDs concerned, each timei have had an apology.  I have been asked to go back as 'they need me urgently'

i each case I have gone back smiling and the price has gone up accordingly......and by quite a large margin.  And yes, they did pay!

just......helping the world to keep on turning

6ft 2" 14st - I shout back after trying polite approach :innocent   Nothing pees me more than small minded bullies. :DeadHorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
my uncles a window fitter, in his younger days he worked for a company, they turned up and ripped six windows out customer then gets funny about paperwork and how much to pay, after being repeatedly to ring the office, he was still being a arsehole, so my uncle told the labour to put the tools in the van and drove off, left the bloke with large holes in his house.   

Jono - do NOT put up with it - you ( we) don`t need to.

If these management types want to get arsey - let `em. I prefer to get quieter, and MORE polite as they wind up - really annoys them, when they`re trying to get a rise out of you, and fail - THEY end up looking like the idiot, not you.

As was said, walk away, and email the highest boss of the company you can find ( if that happens to be the one you had a problem with - so be it). Make the email polite, and professional. stating facts, not arguing from a distance.