Another Change To Plart Plee .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ELECSA / NICEiC /  Certsafe have written to say notifying is going up to £3.60   per job. 

Also we MUST offer the MANDATORY guarantee as stipulated by the Dept of Communities & Local Government  (In other words  become a bunch of insurance salesmen :(   )

I really have the time and inclination to add more paperwork to my list of "Things to be pi$$ing about at  instead of earning a living " 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Pee People going to make the offer then ?    'Cos I can't be arsed TBH .

We're also having the "Platinum Promise"  .. and . The "Customer Charter"

AND we have ( if we can be arsed ) to Change all our paperwork to reflect the NEW logo to show we are members of an incontinent persons scam. And have the new corporate logo!

How much did that cost? To come up with an name and a new logo??

My suggestion of a new logo was ignored....

I suggested a Spark with his pants pulled down and being rogered whilst at the same time being kicked in the nuts. The whole logo was to be surrounded within a border of tubes of Anusol being interspersed with £20 notes disappearing down a grid. Looking onto this spectacle and laughing all the way to the bank is my anti hero Non Notifying Norman.

There was little take up on my idea

Nobody will notice an extra tenner to the bill Deke, the economy is on the up..............................

Oh forgot you're in brum, they'll probably ask for a tenner off for cash!!

AND we have ( if we can be arsed ) to Change all our paperwork to reflect the NEW logo to show we are members of an incontinent persons scam. And have the new corporate logo!

How much did that cost? To come up with an name and a new logo??

My suggestion of a new logo was ignored....

I suggested a Spark with his pants pulled down and being rogered whilst at the same time being kicked in the nuts. The whole logo was to be surrounded within a border of tubes of Anusol being interspersed with £20 notes disappearing down a grid. Looking onto this spectacle and laughing all the way to the bank is my anti hero Non Notifying Norman.

There was little take up on my idea
I'd have gone with that one .

Nobody will notice an extra tenner to the bill Deke, the economy is on the up..............................

Oh forgot you're in brum, they'll probably ask for a tenner off for cash!!
Hush your Norf & Souf   you wicked Sharpie ! 

Deke, as a consumer I think I'd rather you added a tenner on and the job was insured.
so if i came to your house, made a made a mistake with something, you would be happy to then go through elecsa and all that other crap to get it sorted than simply phone me who would come round and correct it

another way of looking at it from my side, now that the insurance covers it all, if you do phone me and say 'that socket you fitted in the kitchen isnt working' i can now tell you to **** off and phone elecsa.

and this lot is supposed to be helping thing?

fortunately at the last part p change it made my life much easier - i used to notify 1-2 jobs per week (mostly bathroom work), its now down to a few per month, if that. maybe thats why they are changing it again to try and get more money in?

so if i came to your house, made a made a mistake with something, you would be happy to then go through elecsa and all that other crap to get it sorted than simply phone me who would come round and correct it
If I called you and you didn't fix it then I'd like to be able to take things further. If you're a one man band - where do I go?

Unfortunately there will be some members ( possibly quite newly joined) of our ONCE proud country that will see this as a "get out of jail free card"

Slightest thing a bit moody and CALL THE INSURANCE SCHEME,!

Have YOU been the victim of a wrongly installed socket? We WILL get you the compo you deserve....type of thing

FFS there are companies out there who will fight you case if you have been "mis sold Solar"!

Another one will try to get you more money for the workplace accident that you have ALREADY BEEN PAID OUT FOR AND SETTLED!

Am I correct in saying that the original warranty thing was an insurance policy that the client would have had to pay for ?   

I never involved myself with it from day one TBH  other than to  mention it to a couple of customers who thought I was trying to scam some more money out of them . 

Ooooh ! Goody   ...More paperwork ......we'll be having meetings all day next,  now there,s a really good way to waste time and earn sod all.    

I've been to some places where they manage to have meetings every day , often punctuated by a "Working lunch" ........they can get through a whole week in this way without actually achieving anything whatsoever. 

From reading half the comments on here it sounds as though most of you haven't actually read what the Part-P warranty bit was intended for in the first place.....

The NIC notifications have ALWAYS automatically included the warranty bit....  (no need to be a salesman)

£1.50 per notification..   + £1.50 for insurance waranty..  £3.00 total per job!

Haven't seen the letter/e-mail yet Deke is on about..

but £3.60 sounds as though they have increased the total cost by 60p...

Oh sod-it....   thats gonna ****** up the profit margin on all my notifiable jobs then!

p.s.

AFAIK..

any problems have to go back to the original contractor first anyway...

Then if its not resolved via formal complaints to NIC.. or whoever they are with..

If original contractor no longer in business thats is where the insurance backed warranty bit come in  

cover the costs of a.n.other contractor putting right someone else's mess...

providing work less than 6 years old..

this place is getting to be like a load of moaning old women!!

always complain about something or other..

:coat

Thats what Forums are for is'nt it Dave ?       You'll be mentioning Part Pee next :innocent

And is'nt it time we had to buy another Regs book ?    Must be 3 months since the last upgrade .

I can't remember what we were supposed to do about the warranty TBH   I remember the yearly  assessor asking what I did about them .

Me....   "Nothing "

Assessor..... " Hmm  same as most members "     

[quote.....we'll be having meetings all day next,  now there,s a really good way to waste time and earn sod all.    

I've been to some places where they manage to have meetings every day , often punctuated by a "Working lunch" ........they can get through a whole week in this way without actually achieving anything whatsoever.

A few years ago my biggest customer used to have a management meeting at 9 every monday morning, this used to go on nearly all morning, biccies and coffee supplied

I suggested to the MD ( who I had known for years since he was on the shop floor) that they move the meeting to 1530 on a friday afternoon.

He said they would give it a try

They had finished by 1630...... From then on all the meetings were moved to this time

I received a case of wine for my constructive input

Just saying