Any Gamers On Here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is the best buy please? I reckon the Cyberpower one - gut feeling its better value and possibly better (faster? processor), my boy reckons the Arbico - main reason seems to be his mate has one............I don't really have a clue. Not a gamer tbh, complete waste of time IMO!.

http://www.ebuyer.com/398367-cyberpower-gaming-battalion-502-desktop-eecc01139?utm_source=b2c_25-10-2012&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=b2c_thursday

http://www.arbico.co.uk/Arbico-Core-i5-7770-Pro-Custom-Built-Gaming-Computer-p-.html

Dunno,,,

But that Arbico one only has a 250GB SATA II HDD where as the ebuyer one has a 2TB SATA III HDD and the processor in the ebuyer is faster

The video cards are pretty much the same but the sound cards are different

I'm not a gamer by the way, but I'd buy the ebuyer one

I am an admin for custom pc magazine, and a retired steambans admin.. It all depends on what games your son will play, Online games are always going to depend on the ping, most adjust this for the slower connections. My gaming rig cost £4,000 and was almost beyond its capabilities within a year of build.

My graphics card was able to play all games at full speed but I had to limit it to 100fps just to keep in line with other users.

let me know what games he wants to play and I will let you know which is best out of the two.

I enjoy online via the xbox. I know there are hadcore PC gamers that slate consoles but for easy pick up and play you can't beat them.

why don't the two of you build a gaming machine. you get the components you want, and learn about the internals of a pc. Its not that hard ive built all my own pc's since win95.

My son has been a pro gamer playing Call of Duty 4 ProMod for the last 4 years on PC at events all over Europe and on-line.

He has had a lot of kit supplied by team sponsors and earned a fair bit of money playing with many of the top teams in Europe.

Sadly everything comes to an end and Cod 4 ProMod no longer attracts the big esport sponsors so less big money LANs and online events. None of the new Cod releases allow mod tools for pro gaming, taking out the tanks, helicopters etc, and making the game harder. The software houses are not interested in PC, their money is in consoles which cannot be modded.

For what it's worth, my sons PC came from e-buyer, a reasonably priced, high spec unit, of un-heard of brand. It works absolutely fine - he spends a lot of time on-line gaming. Needless to say he wants something bigger, better and 3 times the price, but his ambitions relate more to screens and periphal kit than the PC itself.

Console is a no go............he doesn't want one, simple as that. PC Games he plays, excuse if the names are wrong:

Minecraft

Tribes

LOL

Skyrim

Deus X

Star Craft

He also used to play World Of Warcraft though not sure if he does now.

I get the feeling he just wants the Arbico one as his mate has one. Is there anything on the Arbico that is better than on the CyberPower one? Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
why don't the two of you build a gaming machine. you get the components you want, and learn about the internals of a pc. Its not that hard ive built all my own pc's since win95.
Last pc I built was a 286 and it had a 5 1/4" floppy and 521KB of RAM!

I've tried getting him interested in electronics, kits etc, even suggesting we build a retro MAME console but he's not interested. Wants the "quick fix".

Most gamers build their own PC's, you get more for your money. My son built one this year cost him £580 and would retail for double that. Last PC I built was a water cooled hybrid, cost me around £2,000 and would cost around £4,000 if bought retail.

Quick fix is OK but he will soon realise the limitations of the system. Custom PC mag has loads of info and tips for building your own rig.

http://www.custompc.co.uk/

building one yourself isnt really that hard. just buy the parts, fix everything in place, switch on, install OS and your done. maybe 90 mins

I could never get on with all the keyboard combo's so I'm afraid it's PS3 for my online gaming & I tend to play nothing else but Battlefield3.

Well, ordered the boy's gaming pc from Arbico Computers in the end. On recommendation anyway from another dad at the school. Took a built one and changed a few things on the spec. Very impressed with everything about them so far. Regular email updates from the time of ordering as in, order received / parts picked / built / undergoing testing / tested / awaiting despatch etc. The courier service used was first class too. On the phone they were everything so many companies are NOT nowadays. Knowledgeable, helpful and and did what they said they would. I had cause to change the spec AFTER ordering, they did it, confirmed it by email and it was all sorted. Happy kid too! The pc also came with an unexpected freebie, a 16GB memory stick which was nice touch.  Also came with a quality cordless keyboard, mouse and media centre remote which according to the spec it SHOULDN'T have! Result & happy kid too!

Latest posts