any musicians on here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we have talked about several things on here including motorbikes recently. I have taken up playing a musical instrument after many years break. The instrument in question is a Bb Trumpet. I played one in school and had lessons for a few years even played in an orchestra but gave up. My missus bought me one a few years ago and I have only just got it out of the case and dusted it off. Got some music books and blowing my own trumpet (cornet actually but what the heck) once again.

Any other musical people on here and what do you play?

*braces for barrage of daft replies*

I can play Clarinet - got forced to play it when a kid got grade 2 and gave it up around secondary school time, but got it out last year im a bit bit rusty but can still play stranger on the shore by acker bilk.

Cheers

we have talked about several things on here including motorbikes recently. I have taken up playing a musical instrument after many years break. The instrument in question is a Bb Trumpet. I played one in school and had lessons for a few years even played in an orchestra but gave up. My missus bought me one a few years ago and I have only just got it out of the case and dusted it off. Got some music books and blowing my own trumpet (cornet actually but what the heck) once again.Any other musical people on here and what do you play?

*braces for barrage of daft replies*
If you play a musical instrument like your jokes I would need hearing protectionROTFWLROTFWL

Nice one Matty, its good to try and keep skills like that. When you think of the expense of the instrument, the lessons, all the hours of practice its a shame to give up.

I have just spent the last 1/2 hr working out the music for Dire Straits "Your latest trick" from Brothers in Arms. Theres a great trumpet solo at the start and I seem to have just about cracked it! getting late now and neighbour will be annoyed so time to stop!

Septic, you would need hearing protection trust me......

base_media

lolROTFWL

I used to play a clarinet at school, did some basic grades before I left but don't even have the clarinet now:|

My missus used to play the flute clever sod passed her grade 8 before leaving school. She toured europe with the schools orchestra. She's not played for about 5 years now. Flute is stuck in a cupboard in need of some TLC. Had thought of getting it all repadded and serviced for her but not sure she'd play it afterwards

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to play a clarinet at school, did some basic grades before I left but don't even have the clarinet now:|My missus used to play the flute clever sod passed her grade 8 before leaving school. She toured europe with the schools orchestra. She's not played for about 5 years now. Flute is stuck in a cupboard in need of some TLC. Had thought of getting it all repadded and serviced for her but not sure she'd play it afterwards
Sounds like she's pretty good. You should get it done and encourage her to play it again.

She's better than pretty good, on the occasions I've heard her play it sounded brilliant (but I might be biased). Think your right I'll get it sorted

I learnt to play the drums in school but my mum refused to buy me a kit so i quit, then i learnt to play keyboard, mum bought me one and to p her off i quit!!!lol

Oh and use to play the cornet in the salvation army band when i was 8.

Dont play nothing now tho.

Our 7 yr old plays the violin in school...she pretty good :)

does being a vocalist count? im a screamer. + manage my own band in birmingham well i manage quite a few! :p

Latest posts