Any texacom elite24 experts? Help with texacom smartcom

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aauk25

Reaction score
Hi guys

had a powercut and the backup battery lasted 2 hours and i seem to have lost connectivity with my smartcom which is connected via ethernet. The app doesn’t connect anymore, so does that mean I need to reconfigure the smartcom with the app? Ifso do I also need to do the comport setup and udl password or will that be still fine and skip that and go to panel and app setup, i know the engineer code etc.

thank you.

Try power cycling the panel.
I've had it before where is the panel starts up before the router has fully started up, the panel fails to get it's IP address and doesn't seem to try again. If you power cycle now that the router is up and running, there is a good chance it will sort it out.

had a powercut and the backup battery lasted 2 hours
Either this is poor system design or the battery is well past it's best before date and you need a new battery for your system. I would certainly address the backup battery before trying to reinstate any comms. If the battery has discharged to less than 10 volts I would replace it anyway as SLA batteries rarely recover from excessive discharge
and i seem to have lost connectivity with my smartcom which is connected via ethernet. The app doesn’t connect anymore, so does that mean I need to reconfigure the smartcom with the app? Ifso do I also need to do the comport setup and udl password or will that be still fine and skip that and go to panel and app setup, i know the engineer code etc.
If the battery was still connected when the power was restored it is likely that any programming is corrupted and the panel needs restarting to recover the programming

How exactly do I power cycle the panel please?

many thanks
Switch off the power and disconnect the battery, the turn the power back on and as my previous post install a new battery

All codes will remain as programmed

Well my installer says it’s normal for the battery installed in mine to last 2 hours. How do I disconnect the battery, I have disconnected it from mains but not sure how to disconnect battery also

You would need to open the case of the main panel and disconnect on of the leads. Wait a few (or 10) seconds and reconnect. Chances are your bell box will sound and you will get a tamper fault.
It is possible to put the panel into engineer mode first to avoid this, but given that you mention you have an 'installer'. I'm going to guess you won't have the engineer code to do so.

I cant get in touch with my original installer but one of them asked me to reset the texacom smartcom which I did but hasn’t worked. He said the UDL is locked because just before the battery backup dying it warns you and I should have put my normal code before it completely died and alarm going off, not sure if that makes any sense?

He also asked me to press this button on the smartcom for 15 seconds and now I see a wifi entry on my phone, but i have ethernet connected lol, I will try disconneting, how do i enter engineer modem just by entering the code?

Well I tried switching mains off and then I disconnected battery , and its all working, yay. Thanks to everyone on here who helped, most appreciated, glad I joined thus forum today.

one thing i wanted to mention I did enter engineer mode and didn’t select any of the options, and once I disconnected the battery the alarm still went off, is that normal?

also anyb recommend a better longer lasting battery with a link please

one thing i wanted to mention I did enter engineer mode and didn’t select any of the options, and once I disconnected the battery the alarm still went off, is that normal?
bellbox will sound

for battery, you need either a larger battery or a newer one to replace whats in if thats failed

The one I have is 2amp installed currently , I believe a 7amp will last alot longer, any suggestions for battery please? Many thanks

The one I have is 2amp installed currently , I believe a 7amp will last alot longer, any suggestions for battery please? Many thanks
Thanks will have to check the size of original first as I have no idea what will fit inside?