Anyone got a conduit bender for sale?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To hire one @ £60 a week  .....I think I'd buy one on ebay  TBH.        I've used ours for PVC conduit in the past ,  best when warm but better than over the knee  and saves buying  fittings. 

To hire one @ £60 a week  .....I think I'd buy one on ebay  TBH.        I've used ours for PVC conduit in the past ,  best when warm but better than over the knee  and saves buying  fittings. 

Can you still get nylon knickers to rub up and down PVC before bending?

I think that may be some sort of dream you had as a teenager  M8   :innocent  

I can tell you that PVC conduit in direct sunlight  doesn't  stand up well ,  you need to to treble up on the saddles .     You really need to check out how long the sun is on that particular area .  

I replaced some floods I fitted with LED , looked at our conduit and the one section  just drooped between saddles ,  awful,   we'd skimped on the very last length . But being true professionals we replaced it  while we were there .  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that may be some sort of dream you had as a teenager  M8   :innocent  

Seriously, I was taught at college to rub a piece of nylon cloth up and down PVC conduit before bending. It works too. The lecturer joked it enabled you to get away with another birds knickers in the glove box! :)

There's a seller on eBay in Edenbridge selling a few now. <10 miles from me. As for postage...Christ knows...this ain't no guitar!

TEF relay? I could get it as far as Brighton without going too far out of my way.

Is the eBay seller's £35 p&p that bad on the face of it? 

How much does a bender weigh?

Just put in 25kg on parcel2go and it came back £16.50 For 3 day service with Hermes.

At least it won't break when they Chuck it over your fence! :slap
I picked a parcel up in similar circumstances for a lad on another site . It was 26 kilos to deliver to Scotland .

He got it collected from me and delivered to him next day for the price you say. :)

Monkey  theres a set on ebay  for £18.99     they look  like rusty old carp  b ut they're the sort you want .  Reason is they have long handles which are probably conduit like my  antique set ,  if you're threading 25m  those sets that everyone seems to have  are short and make hard work .  

Monkey  theres a set on ebay  for £18.99     they look  like rusty old carp  b ut they're the sort you want .  Reason is they have long handles which are probably conduit like my  antique set ,  if you're threading 25m  those sets that everyone seems to have  are short and make hard work .  

He has really long, knuckle dragging arms... :)

I think that Edenbridge seller has dropped his prices to £40/50 depending on condition. Plus £35 delivery still.

Did you buy one or get a loan in the end up @sprocketflup?
I bought one @roys and then upon arriving home with it in the back of my van saw that the guy that @Onoff mentioned was selling lots for a few quid less......always the way innit

Ill take a look at those Deke, thanks

He has really long, knuckle dragging arms... :)

I think that Edenbridge seller has dropped his prices to £40/50 depending on condition. Plus £35 delivery still.

I do, and a vice like grip, honed from many years of......ahem.

Latest posts