Anyone ID this timeclock?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others said sangamo just took quite a few out in london. Some have three pin bases and some have four pin. They are good timers although the ones I took out didn't seem to be working or were obsolete.

Batty

Definitely a Sangamo , excellent product but very expensive, if replacing, some are 3 pin with link to clock motor, some are 4 pin for seperate clock motor feed.

Contacts are rated at 20 amps. Look closely at the 7 black discs , each one represents each day, turn the arrow to omit that day.

The Sangamo Solar Dial ,elect/mechanical is a clever design. It is meant for street lighting mainly, you have to fit one that matches the latitude , so Midland ones are set to 52 deg. It mechanically follows the seasons of the year so always switches at dusk/dawn .

As said before , very expensive but market leader.

Andy

This is Sangamo time clock used widely for switching industrial boilers and many times used for commercial applications outside lighting etc.

They are very reliable although sangamo do an electronic replacement the old ones are a lot better as mostly mechanical.

Heating replacement parts or control centre stock them.

I replaced one of these with a "modern" alternative at a local village school - the head teacher couldn't understand the old one (there is a day selector behind the main dial making it a seven day timer, she kept moving it on then getting no heating on a Friday because the timer thought it was Saturday). Carted the old one about in the van for 6 months, then refitted when there had been a change of head, and the new one failed!Guiness Drink
:DApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Nice one! ;) :^O

They are excellent units. when I was in the electricity board, we used to fit these to change over tarrifs on economy 7. They later went for a Teleswitch radio contolled device instead which was more reliable and didnt need resetting.