Apache Computer Services please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know if this is true or not, but I was told to set your printer for black if just printing letters etc,because if not all the colours would be used to reproduce the document colour.

My printer for the office is only black ink any way so I may be talking out of my backside.

green-hornet you are not, the printer tries to balance use if multi cartridge. If I print only in black I set mine to "print black only" epson printer 4 cartridge type. If i don't (well my son doesn't) then you can clear low ink (black) warning and it will print until all other combinations are used to make black, if you understand my meaning

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know if this is true or not, but I was told to set your printer for black if just printing letters etc,because if not all the colours would be used to reproduce the document colour.My printer for the office is only black ink any way so I may be talking out of my backside.
Thanks, I'll look into that tomorrow Greeny, a bit more useful than the so called Forum computer expert... I mean.. can you believe that from James Bloomin' Herriot.... Eh !!.. " I don't know".... you can't put " I don't know" .

Patch, My Westie has turned bright orange overnight and has started smoking a pipe ,what can it be ? ... " Duh! I don't know" headbang

Most Inkjet printes with the 4 cartdidge system when printing "black only" will still use colour as it tries be exact to the document.

The black is not actually True black either. It uses a slight amount of each colour.

If you want it to only use black set the printer settings into "black only" or "grey scale"

I recently went from inkjet to laser printer, and i will never be turning back again. The printing quality is so much better

and the cost to run a laser is much better than constantly getting new ink for the ink jet!

Green-Hornet is SPOT ON!!! You have to set it to Black ink Only.

And as Dane says - On my Laser printer (Samsung CLX-2160 all in one colour Laser printer - for the purpose of keywords) it says "Grey Scale" not "Black ink Only".

Patch, My Westie has turned bright orange overnight and has started smoking a pipe ,what can it be ? ... " Duh! I don't know" headbang
Sounds like Evans Syndrome.........

:)

(although I was naming it after you Evans Syndrome does actually exist and it doesn't do that to little itchy dogs)

Latest posts