Approved document L1B guidance on lighting requirements??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
I'm looking for guidance on how much low energy lighting is required for a single story one room extension (approx 4 meters by 3 meters total)

The client wants dimmers but doesn't want to pay for low energy lamps Wet Fish

So I want to make sure I really know the regs before I argue against halogens.

I've read document L1B but can't see any information in there, have I chosen the wrong document?? :Blushing

Lillpete,

When your researching, check you have the revised Part L which now has more stringent requirements. From memory, energy efficient (now 45 lumens per watt, previously 40 lumens) lamps are required in 3 out of 4 fittings, previously 1 in 4.

However, the revised part L relaxed the requirement for light fittings that can only accept energy efficient fittings. I beleive you can now have a standard recessed downlight with a GU10 CFL or LED, which the customer can simply change back to halogen once your done;)

As a side note, has anyone come across a PROPER alternative for 50W halogen lamps? I'm moving house and need some ideas.

I've fitted some Aurora LedZ's 9.5W which gave a really halogen style colour and brightness I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

They're classed as dimmable but were not as good as I had hoped for this if I'm honest but the light quality was great although at