Bad feeling

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only been involved on the Forum for a very short time and have so far found it to be a really friendly and informative community, and i for one enjoy my regular visits to it. Having recently had my first kind of ding dong (well resolved in good spirt) i can tell you i did not enjoy it in the least, I think everyone should be respectfull to all while still making their thoughts known.

It would be a real shame to loose really experianced, well respected posters because of the actions of a few.

If we did all donate just a

I am a mew member and already I have noticed several back handed comments, not only from new members but established ones, who, obviously experienced are dismissive of some questions where someone may be expriencing nothing more than a mental blockor missing one important ingrediant.

Offhand comments such as "This should be simple stuff even for a Mech Eng surely

Believe me I know!" are easily misconstrued, espiecially in writing, a cold and emotionless way of communicating.

As it is often said, read what you have wriiten before pressing send, if the response would get your back up, then it sure will get someone elses up.

Chill out, many are on here to learn, don't put them off, we were not all born with the wisdom of soloman!!!!!

And remeber, opinions are just that, this is why lawyers are so rich, what appears black and white is often very grey and muddy

Love and peace to you all

Good Post Steve, One of the reasons I set this forum up. :Applaud

May you live for ever & may the last voice you ever hear be mine.

I am a mew member and already I have noticed several back handed comments, not only from new members but established ones, who, obviously experienced are dismissive of some questions where someone may be expriencing nothing more than a mental blockor missing one important ingrediant.Offhand comments such as "This should be simple stuff even for a Mech Eng surely

Believe me I know!" are easily misconstrued, espiecially in writing, a cold and emotionless way of communicating.

As it is often said, read what you have wriiten before pressing send, if the response would get your back up, then it sure will get someone elses up.

Chill out, many are on here to learn, don't put them off, we were not all born with the wisdom of soloman!!!!!

And remeber, opinions are just that, this is why lawyers are so rich, what appears black and white is often very grey and muddy

Love and peace to you all
SteveT,

I take this as a dig at me that I don't appreciate, there was a smile at the end of the line, & I feel qualified to make those comments as my first degree is considerably mechanical, thus you could say I qualified first as a Mech Eng. Hence the smile.

I do however feel that the rest of the post from which you quote in abstract, went to assist the OP.

Bye.

Sidewinder it is not a dig at you per sae - you miss the point - it's not how you percieve it, it is how others do, a cocky smile perhaps?

Your OP makes a valid point and highlights that which you percieve as negative and abusive in some of the responses. Thats is precisly why we all need to be careful and chill out.

I am sure your answer in the quoted post was genuine and of benefit, but I also suspect the OP may have read the comment as a put down albeit mild and unintentional.

(For your info my degree is in law)

This forum has been really valuable to me and indeed countless others. There is always sound advice on hand and some witty banter thrown in too. I think the site is very well run and is there for every member's benefit as there is always something new to learn in this trade. There is people on here with limited experience that are made to feel comfortable when asking questions no matter how simple the question might be, everyone has to start from somewhere and it's because they want to do things right, that they ask the question in the first place so credit to everyone concerned. The thing that I most enjoy about this forum is the friendly aspect of it and I hope that continues. A big thank you to the forum for the help and advice you have given Me. :Applaud

Latest posts