Battery Connectors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNG

Reaction score
Trying to fix a bad battery install for a friend of mine and I need to extend the battery cables
Can anyone tell me where I might get some these connectors they look like an MC4 but have a different keyway arrangement
I have searched the internet but upto now have drawn a blank as most searches take me back to MC4 which don't mate with them
IMG-20230526-WA0001.jpg

Thanks for the help
Certainly look like MC4. However they maybe T4 connectors which have a higher ampage rating
They do have a higher amperage rating

connector drawing.png
The problem is the tube highlighted on an MC4 this has two flat sides and looks the same on the TS4, the connecters I'm trying to find are the same physical size as an MC4 but the tube has keyways / grooves cut into it which prevents it from interconnecting with an MC4. I'm not sure whether the colour combination has some bearing on the connector type or specification

Thanks for the help

They do have a higher amperage rating

View attachment 15518
The problem is the tube highlighted on an MC4 this has two flat sides and looks the same on the TS4, the connecters I'm trying to find are the same physical size as an MC4 but the tube has keyways / grooves cut into it which prevents it from interconnecting with an MC4. I'm not sure whether the colour combination has some bearing on the connector type or specification
Think the colour is to show higher ampage, all MC4s are black. I'm not at home currently, so can't check for flat sides for you. I would find a fox battery wholesaler and give them a call. Segen stock fox gear, try their technical helpline.

Segen stock fox gear, try their technical helpline.
Tried calling them I have never come across a more obstructive and unhelpful company
Daft question but are you fitting the right crimp in each connector. The plug you highlighted uses the larger hollow crimp.
The actual battery connector crimp pins are bit more substantial than the MC4 pins but strangely both types will mate together

I'm trying to find the battery connector type so I can extend the existing battery leads the problem is although the battery connectors look the same and are the same physical size as an MC4 connector as mentioned before the connector bodies have different keyway arrangements so an MC4 body will not mate with the blue battery connector

Latest posts