BPT Came video entry system handset replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawidku

Reaction score
We have BPT intercom (possibly X1) with Agata VC video handset installed (2 wires).
Wanted to replace video handset with simple AGT A200 (2 wires) but handset does not ring
when called from the main panel, door lock release option works though.

Anyone know why simple panel doesn't work?

This model - CAME BPT 840CA-0040 AGT A Audio Handset does not have any manual volume adjustment.
Soft touch button when pressed makes ringtone sound OK.
Also when tested while person called from main panel we are not able to hear anything through the handset at all.

Last edited:
As it is 2 wire only, would I be right if I said "Did you change the handset from the video one to the non video handset and expect it to work?" If so put the video handset back and see does that work a ok? (I suspect it will)
(If that is not what you did, what did you do? sorry, but as I am not there, I do not know.)

Yes this is what we did - need to replace video handset with audio handset for some reason.

The door entry system you have is very clever, not simple as appears to be.
From what you have described, taking one hand set down and replacing it with a brand new one, and the new one not working as it should, but then changing it back to the old one and the old one works is similar to what I had.

Unlike "older/conventional" door entry systems, new systems are "auto addressable" Everything that is required is wired in parallel, then (in the case of fermax) you press a "hidden button" on the handset, go to the external call buttons, tap in the house/flat door number, count 3, and the handset will have been given an address which is stored in the handset memory, so if you move that handset from say flat 1 to flat 29 when ever flat 1 is called the handset in flat 29 will sound, as that handset is programmed as flat 1.

It is very clever as all devices are given an encrypted address, which means, although every thing is in parallel (It also saves considerably on the wiring.) there can never be any crosstalk between handsets, as each device only responds to its own address.

I suspect that the BPT unit you have uses the same principal, but if it has a hidden button, or if it uses a combination of buttons to put it into learning mode, sorry I do not know:(, I can only suggest you call BPT

It is very clever as all devices are given an encrypted address, which means, although every thing is in parallel (It also saves considerably on the wiring.) there can never be any crosstalk between handsets, as each device only responds to its own address.
Every chance that's how it works. I worked on a nurse call system with about 50 call stations and half a dozen "nurse" stations .
Just two wires, with 24 volts on them plus whatever digital impulses the system created.
Every call station had to be given a unique number then a location legend added, using a separate plug in programming device. Make a mistake and duplicate one of the numbers and the whole system would throw a wobbly.