Burying/ chasing HDMI cable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilman

Reaction score
Following on from my CAT7 questions - another related issue. I need to run an HDMI cable to a TV above a fireplace (unused). Can't go staight up so have to come up in corner of chimney breast and around (if you see what I mean). What's best way to do this? Also I want to terminate in back-box for HDMI faceplate. Was thinking 25mm flexi conduit up the side and drill though corner of chimney to backbox position. Anyone any better ideas? Cheers all.

When you say unused, has the fireplace been decommissioned?, if so in through the side and up inside the flu and use a core drill of at least 28mm to the back of the TV would be another way, in order to cut trough the corner you will need a 25mm drill due to the size of the HDMI connector. Whatever route you chose, do test the cable first, nothing more annoying if when you've made good to find that the cable is faulty

Personally not a big fan of too many connections, so I'd leave a metre of slack cable in preference, I'd also suggest going for a High Speed with Ethernet for a bit of future proofing too especially if you can't get to again without pulling the wall about.

Latest posts