C& 2330...A waste of three years of my life!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the AM2 AND the NVQ Level 3 is required. The AM2 forms part of the evidence for the NVQ, as does the Technical Certificate fulfil the criteria for the underpinning knowledge.The original poster shouldn't get too upset as the Level 3 Technical Certificate is required to complete the NVQ, so he should finish that and then do the NVQ.

I've never understood all the hostility to the NVQ - sure it's a pain to create the Portfolio of Evidence but it's there for a reason and is a great qualification to have. In my opinion JIB Grading is well worth the effort.
I am registered for NVQ but stand little chance of Getting it uless I can get some industrial experience.

this could prove difficult in this part of the country

I'm doing to follow up my 2330 level 3 with 2390

I have done both lvl2 and lvl 3 last exam in 2 wks !! I have found the course very valuable and worthwhile . At 43 I know that experience counts and was fortunate to go to a decent college ( Wellingborough ) . I will go on to do the 2391 course and join a scheme so I can do domestic installs . Please don't give up on the course , you have a decent qualification behind you which only comes with hard work and knowledge , You will be fine just stick with it and stick with this forum too :)

I am 32 mechanical fitter by trade , but done al sorts over the years including a fair bit of electrical . I am doing my 3rd year of 2330 and also my nvq 3 i was told at the start i didnt need to do the am2 as i had enough experience to negate it .

is it just me or is all this a bit confuing!!

several people to have their own take on what is needed and what aint..........

Ive worked as a maintenance fitter for 20 years, ALL mechanical, ive always known that having no electrical experience was a short fall for me, thats why i went on the 2330 course as it was sold to me that i would learn how to wire up a panel, three phase motors, invertors, contactors etc etc.........instead all we have learnt is alot af theory with very little hands on and all the hands on has been about domestic work...which is now all i want to do!! so whays next, what should i do after the 2330 level 3, 2391??

when the new page opens, click on the link on that page

when the new page opens, click on the link on that page
You've lost me? The link is broken, therefore nothing comes up.

Just noticed it's your post, click edit, fix link. :)

Am I reading misreading something? From the JIB website-"2) Must have obtained an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation work (or approved equivalent) - see Note 1."

Note 1 "If the applicant meets the other two criteria but has not achieved an NVQ Level 3 in electrical installation, then a "Provisional" grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:

a) have obtained at least the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory Part 2 Course Certificate (or approved equivalent).

B) have obtained Achievement Measurement 2 or must be able, with the application for Grading and any other relevant supporting evidence (i.e. the City & Guilds Electricians' Certificate) which may be required, to satisfy the Grading Committee of his experience and suitability."

To me it basically says pass your AM2 and we'll give you a provisional grading, but it doesn't mention while undertaking NVQ 3. Am I missing something? ?:|

Marc.
As regards the OP, and myself, this would would seem to make little difference as we have not done 2360 but rather 2330.

what is 2360 anyway?

As regards the OP, and myself, this would would seem to make little difference as we have not done 2360 but rather 2330.
It says "or approved equivalent", of which the 2330 is one of the approved equivalents. The 2360 has since been phased out, as has its successor the 2351. 2330 is the current technical certificate, which is itself being phased out.

Hi i also am 40 and doing my 2330 now at L3 cant get any work i have even said i would work for free to get some tool time but no joy so i am also doing part p so i can go and work on my own not that i wanted to do this first but as i understand it as long as you have 17th ed and part p you can join napit fingers crossed.

Hi i also am 40 and doing my 2330 now at L3 cant get any work i have even said i would work for free to get some tool time but no joy so i am also doing part p so i can go and work on my own not that i wanted to do this first but as i understand it as long as you have 17th ed and part p you can join napit fingers crossed.
yeah, ive been offering my self for free....aint it sad when you carnt even give it away!!! last night i was imformed that the 17th is only a one day course after 2330 level 3 so it makes scence to get it, them im considering part P, whats that one all about? also does the 2330 contain 2391? one tutor says yes another says no headbangheadbang

Hi john and welcome to the forum, im in the same situation as yourself, will be finishing my 2330 L2 this summer but really could do with the practical aspect of the trade

who would have thought in this day and age that its easier to get something for nothing ie (go on dole) than it is to work for free just to gain experience, it truely is a mad world this 2010ROTFWL

maybe i should change career and head to the dole office to get free money

ps why are you doing part P? if youve got your 2330 its not required from what ive been told

yeah, ive been offering my self for free....aint it sad when you carnt even give it away!!! last night i was imformed that the 17th is only a one day course after 2330 level 3 so it makes scence to get it, them im considering part P, whats that one all about? also does the 2330 contain 2391? one tutor says yes another says no headbangheadbang
2330 and 2391 are 2 different things,

L3 2330 does go into Testing and inspecting(which is what 2391 is about), but goes further more indepth in the 2391

am doin a 2330 city n guild electrotechnology could someone help me work this question out . a three phase cage rotor induction motor is required to operate on a 50Hz supply and run at a speed of approx 730 rpm the number of pole pairs required will be ? ?:|