C & K securitech c023-203..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impendingbender

Reaction score
Hi,
I moved into my home 15 years ago and it already had the above alarm installed
We've never used it due to my autistic daughter being terrified of the sound of it going off.
We recently received a letter from the council telling us that they would no longer be maintaining them because they can't get the parts and that if it works, all good, if it doesn't, tough.
So I'd like to remove it, I can't find anything online about how to do so, there is a white box in my daughter's room that is something to do with it, so how do I disconnect it?

Thanks

The white box I presume it is metal, and has a screw in the front on the right hand side?

You will also need to find its Fused connection unit (see picture)

You will also need access to the bell box outside. (Or you could take a chance)

Attachments

• fcu.jpg
    fcu.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
Cheers..
Going to try and get my daughter out of the way this weekend and have a go.. we're fitting a kitchen in a few weeks and it'll be nice to have the sensor out of there.
When we've had power cuts the alarm still goes off so I guess the battery must still have some juice in it.

Thanks

When we've had power cuts the alarm still goes off so I guess the battery must still have some juice in it.
Yes, yes it does.

Have you found the fused connection unit? (It should be very close to the "white box")
Also have you got access to the external sounder?

Yes, yes it does.

Have you found the fused connection unit? (It should be very close to the "white box")
Also have you got access to the external sounder?
We've not looked in the cupboard yet.. my other super stroppy teenage daughter is in that bedroom and the mention of needing to get in her cupboard resulted in a tantrum that'd make a toddler blush 😂
I think my neighbour has got a ladder that we can use to get up there, so that should be fine.

Latest posts