Call out to roadside restauarant chain

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadspark

Reaction score
I had a call this morning from a facilities management company asking if I would go and have a look at a job at my local branch of a roadside restaurant chain that employ short fat cooks. The reported fault was a cable on a griddle sparking. When i got there I found a damaged SY cable that somebody had done a bodged repair with a porcelain terminal block wrapped with insulation tape. The live had come loose from the terminal on one side which accounted for the sparking.IMAG0042.jpg

I replaced the damaged cable with a new length of 6mm Ho7.

Standards of maintenance are quite bad and I remarked about a broken socket behind the servery taped up with insulation tape and the manageress commented it had been reported in January but was not considered critical because it was not on the customers side. She said they had reported a bolt not working on a toilet door and somebody was sent on an 8 hour nound trip to fix it!

You could point out to them that the "Memorandum of guidance on the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989" is a free download and might be worth a read. ]:)

'Customer facing' problem?...panick and get it done now!

'Customer oblivious' problem?....what problem would that be?

Anyway talking of 'roadside restaurant chain that employs short fat cooks'. ...not that this is to be construed as any way connected ; It always amused me 'back in the day' when I saw the logo of a not dissimilar .'roadside restaurant chain that employ short fat cooks'. where there logo was that of a 'short fat chef sticking his fingers down his throat', I think...it was designed to convey a different message.

A bit like the 2012 logo which [was pointed out on a TV show] looked very much like Lisa Simpson performing an act of ..../// upon Mr Burns!...... :coat