Can anyone Id this bellbox for me?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ9898

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the make and model of this bellbox? Got a job to replace the existing alarm system on the property. The existing alarm is <6months old but doesnt meet the spec of the client ordering the work. (Cant divulge any info). Id like to reuse the existing bellbox rather than fit one of our council branded boxes as its at a private residence.

Can anyone tell me the make/model of the bellbox so i can see if its possible to get it working with our Honeywell Galaxy panel?

Thanks,

Russ

photo.jpg

Oh yeah...the security light is one i installed earlier. lol ;)

Rest of the house isnt much better wiring wise either. The alarm is going on a plugtop until the electrical installation is seriously updated (which i doubt will happen). Were talking VIR cables (although to be fair they're not perishing), Consumer unit where front cover is cracked and TT system where earth rod doesn't have a 10mm back to the board...its just chucked in the clamp for the main bond on the gas.

I thought it looked like Texacom TBH .

Its best to take a look inside then check connections with Honeywell technical . You know what alarms are like , miss a jumper wire out and you're there all day parting about.

+1

just open it and check if the connections are comparable,

AND,

they have enough cores in the cable,

some boxes will run on only four, some need the full compliment of eight, but generally 6 is the norm, maybe use 5 of them.

if you check the box connections, then the panel connections Im sure we will be able to cross reference for you.

I dont think i have ever fitted a bell box with more than 5 connections. Most connections are normally,

The strobe and hold off 12v + are normally commoned (is that a word ?) together.

The tamper return

Hold off-

Bell trigger-

Strobe -

It should be easy to work out the connections without any paperwork.

Credit to Barx. The bell box/SAB was indeed a Ventcroft.

Unfortunately though i had to replace it with a Texecom Odyssey 3 (Metal backed) as the Ventcroft didn't have a wall tamper which is essential due to the high probability of the system being tampered with/vandalised. This property has a ridiculous amount of devices fitted.

10 x Viper Shock Sensors

5 x Honeywell Dueltec Sensors

3 x Grade 3 Magnetic Door Contacts

3 x Panic Buttons

Filled all but one zone of a Honeywell Galaxy 12 zone panel plus 6 of the 8 zones which are available through the Rio expansion module i installed. 17 Zones on a domestic property. Some of the zones have multiple vipers fitted for those who took the time to tally up the devices installed. Also connected the system into the properties phone line for SMS alerts although i explained to home owner there was no guarantee of the SMS always being delivered.

not as bad as ours then 4 dt's 1 smoke cloak, 3 door contacts g3, 3 panic attacks 6 smoke heads, 1 heat head, 8 pet pirs, and a dialler with gsm network on vodaphone. :run i make our 25 zones with smoke cloak

So yours doubles up as fire protection as well as heat protection. Have you wired your fire detection devices in intruder alarm cable or firetuf/fp200?

What panel have you used? Not a bad alarm system ive installed considering the home owner hasnt had to pay a penny. :)

Not used a smoke cloak before. What brand have you used and what did it cost? Take it you've given it a little test? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
its only been tested when installed/servbioce not had breakin touch wood. but the smoke cloak was second hand from a well known site auction place ;) so not brand new i paid around the 450 mark for it. bearing in mind they are apporox a 1000

Interesting. How well does it fill the place with smoke/does it just fill one room or the whole house? Thats a great toy...i want one lol

its just protects the study where all our expensive computer and cctv equipment is installed plus all the customers details are filled/kept along with invoices and such like. it fills the study in around 5 - 10 seconds and the study is 12 foot wide and 16 foot long