ccc of 3 core 10mm swa

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben piner

Reaction score
Hey all

Could someone be kind enough and tell me the current carrying capacity of 10mm 3 core swa that is in free air. As I haven't got my bgb with me at the moment..

Would be highly appreciated..

Thanks

how much do you need it to carry?

its probably about 63 A, but at what cost the VD

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:25 ----------

BTW, I dont have a BGB either, so you dont have to pretend to me,

Ive just took a stab in the dark at the above capacity, so please wait til someone can actually confirm it.

TAble 4D4A Multicore armoured 70 degree Thermoplastic insulated cables (copper cables) Page 338 BGB in free Air 10mm reference method E = 62 amps. 3.8 mV/A/m voltage drop.

TAble 4E4A Multicore armoured 90 degree Thermosetting insulated cables (copper cables) Page 348 BGB in free Air 10mm reference method E = 78 amps. 4 mV/A/m voltage drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
see, I told you 63A, who needs a BGB anyway,its all up here, ;)
Oh , I was going to send you my hard copy ooo err missis, but there's no point now as its "all up there" !!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:56 ----------

BTW, what happened to it anyway....... Missis throw it away or something??????????? :red card <<<<Mrs Toe

Depends if the run is a 1000m or not :slap
it'll be fine, I have some 12v AC motors that have big start up currents I could use for something! :D

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:58 ----------

BTW, what happened to it anyway....... Missis throw it away or something???????????<<<<Mrs Toe
:red card

not impressed at all, :(

Misread mate! Thought Mrs Toe had seen it and wasn't happy.....

Should've known she was busy cleaning out the office while your on here....!!!

Mrs 69 is fast asleep at side of me... Well away from regs... Or anything else for that matter !

Latest posts