Check over quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never mentioned anything about price fixing.

The TV example isnt really valid, especially if one is not VAT registered.

This is exactly what the problem is...sub

I never mentioned anything about price fixing.The TV example isnt really valid, especially if one is not VAT registered.

This is exactly what the problem is...sub

my bank manager knows nothing about electrics but advises me on pricingAND I LISTEN TO HIM
You are joking.......... right?

Plus, i cant think of anyone who would change 5 x CU's for the same earning potential as 3.

This is exactly why i am on here NOW at this time of the day, and not slogging my guts out.

I have earned a weeks money already although i will still work the rest of the weeks mornings though as i get bored easily! :^O

You are joking.......... right?
No my bank manager has many electrical companys and tells me if i am competitive or not obviously not telling me how much other ppl charge

No my bank manager has many electrical companys and tells me if i am competitive or not obviously not telling me how much other ppl charge
Ah sorry, thought you meant he was telling you how much to charge!

I tend to price on what I need to, I am cheaper than some one who has a big office with 100 staff and 20 vehicles, but I am more expensive than some one who is in it for the money oopps did not mean it like that.

Its all down to your overheads and a fair price. I could not sleep at night how ever poor I am knowing I had ripped some one off.

Your profile is a little vague - where in the South are you? I imagine if you were central London things would be very much more than Lancs.No mention of the make or board, split load, all RCBO's. Amount of local competition.

Just too many variables.
If he is from London then that will be right

fair play to any guy who can test first and change a 10way fully loaded board in 8 hours
I do this all the time, but with get out clause of if I can't fix problems the same day, then costs will be extra, and with any addtional parts paid for by customer.

I do this all the time, but with get out clause of if I can't fix problems the same day, then costs will be extra, and with any addtional parts paid for by customer.
Me too. I always test the board first then change IF no faults. If faults are present then customer pays to have sorted. As for time and money, a 10 way board for me is around

It doesnt matter where i am from.We should all be charging around the same and not undercutting each other. Thats just ridiculous.

Especially now we have 20% VAT to look forward to next year.

I always use standard Hager Dual RCD Cu's, although sometimes crabtree.

And there is lots of competition.

Most of my CU changes get priced at around 450.

Work smart, not hard.
All charge the same???? :eek:

That was a joke wasn't it!?

:^O :^O:^O

If not I sense a lack of understanding of the free market & competitive business world......

:coffee

Me too. I always test the board first then change IF no faults. If faults are present then customer pays to have sorted. As for time and money, a 10 way board for me is around

Customer rang my up yesterday asking how much for a CU change, wanted a quick price over the phone. 6ways, he said he thinks the bonding is correct. So I said he's looking at a rough guide between 280 and 320. He couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Tough competition around here. Ah well, only 20 years of working sparking and I'll be doing villa managing and maintenance on the algarve.