Citroen Berlingo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky2013

Reaction score
Ok definately not electrical related  but bit of a puzzler  with my van!

its  a 52 plate citroen berlingo 1.9D   107k on the clock 
recently had a fair bit of work done on it to pass MOT  now all off a sudden the Coolant light is intermittantly flashing at me then goes off :/
now having checked all fluids  
Coolant  full
Oil Full
Water Full
Washers Full

Diesel  1/2 tank ( hahah)

im just confused as to why this light is being such a nightmare,  now before i go spending a fortune to try and diagnose whats up with it  has any1 else ever had this issue.
really dont wana get rid of Binky Berlingo  she has been a good van for me. but wondering if its an Omen to splash out and buy a new van

I'm no mechanic but the first things I would check are the coolant level switch and bleed up the  coolant in case of air-lock. Has the coolant been drained recently or very low?

as above ^^^ 

My Rad had a hole in it on Thursday no warning lights at all (vauxhall condom) now it's in the garage til Tuesday.

IME flashing lights on the dash don't always correspond with what is actually the problem, it may mean something else depending on sequence and if any other lights come on. If you cant find a leak then try get it scanned for faults.

:)

as above ^^^ 

My Rad had a hole in it on Thursday no warning lights at all (vauxhall condom) now it's in the garage til Tuesday.

IME flashing lights on the dash don't always correspond with what is actually the problem, it may mean something else depending on sequence and if any other lights come on. If you cant find a leak then try get it scanned for faults.

Hope the hole in your condom gets fixed soon.

EU regulations about the number of condoms in packs have changed.

We now have packs of 7 for the French, Monday, Tuesday,...

9 for the Italians Monday, Tuesday...twice Saturday & twice Sunday.

12 for the British, January, February,...

cheers guys,

went a bit overboard this morning  with some assistance of my dad we pulled allsorts out the van   all the thingymajiggles and some crazy pipes  ( dad knows how they go back in luckily)  one of the pipes  from the coolant thing to the radiator thing ( i think) was gunged up so its now got a nice new shiney pipe and new coolant.  in the same process we have  changed  the Air Filter, Oil Filter  done an Oil Change and a new fuel filter,  

so far so good no more flashy annoying light,
altho dad is still convinced i need to go buy a new van!

as above ^^^ 

Vauxhall Combo??   thats mad as a mate of mine with a 55 plate combo has just discovered a hole in his radiator  no warning lights nothing, was noted when  the police pulled him and said there was something piddling from underneath his van.

Stick with the old Berlingo if it owes you nowt.

They are pretty bulletproof. Wiring can be 'unpredictable' , but I bet the service you have had speaks for it's self.

Keep the diesel and the oil clean and it will go on and on...

oh it definately owes me nothing   far from it ! 
i call  it Bargain Bin Binky Berlingo  being i only paid £225 for it and spent around £300 on it  so definately owes me nothing.
i know my way round an engine but all these fandangled lights that flash on dashboards confuse the heck out of me.

tbh the external is battered, the internal needs a good clean  but its a works van!!!

for a 14 yr old van with a FSH and only ever failed 1 MOT which i had rectified immediately  its been brilliant!  i think my dad just would rather see me in some massive van that aint really needed. altho given my own way id be on a motorbike but that aint going to happen any day soon as dad forbids it after a major bike crash he had!

The older ones are great vans, the newer ones are ok too, but I think the older ones are a better drive.

I am anti 'tec' on the new stuff they have have created for a cash cow lol.  I am stuck in a time warp.

It is a long time since even a trained mechanic would be able to get his broken down vehicle home  with all the unnecessary gizmos they have on them now. 

hell i dont even use a sat nav,   not bad going for a 29 yr old if i do say so myself,

im not anti technology just dont think a car/van needs half of the stuff that is in em now, its just more distractions

I'm not really anti tec either, just griping at the disabling kit they are putting in vehicles now.

I think we are in the same camp.

The thing that gripes the most is that if you don't have a code reader to clear the codes;  that are cumulative ,you will be no further forward after you have managed to find the correct faulty sensor/sensors.

im pretty lucky as my dad has the code reader and the software that can clear the codes  not that i would actually know how to use it lol!

im of the thought  if in doubt  smack it with a hammer till it works.

If it moves and it aint meant too Duct Tape
if it dont move and its meant too WD40

lol  im most defo a lass not lad lol   but i enjoy the banter as much as most guys,  lol i got used to that from when i first started out :D

lol we are a rarity but we are about,   Binky we have spoken b4 hun altho i was under my old username back then  ( Mrs Streetlighter)

Its been a while Husky, where is the other half? Not seen either of you on for a while.

it has been a long long time Manator,   me and (he whom shall not be named)  are long time over  lets just say i was the lucky one getting away when i did