CNC Machine Light Barrier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
i got called out yesterday to a CNC machine where the light barrier had gone into lock out , and wouldnt reset , i was given a "new" one to install but this is also going to to lock out mode after 5 seconds, i have only connected the 24V DC and nothing else , but it still goes into lock out.

Any ideas? is the light barrier Buggerd?

Cheers bad day explode

Probably connected to a safety relay circuit aka Pilz coz they were the 1st.

You will probably need to connect up and commission the whole light guard then reset all the safety systems to get it to work.

I see , so even though I only conected up the light barrier power it will still go into lock out ! I will give the Cnc bloke s ring tomorrow

Cheers

I wouldn't think it is the pilz relay as they just drop out when the light barrier is broken and won't reset until the light barrier is ok and rest then it will be a simple rest button usually as far as I know you can't get a pilz with a timer as it wouldn't be safe if the light barrier were still broken. Some light barriers need teaching so it could be that or I have known the sun to affect them as well. Is it just a single barrier looking at a reflector strip or is it a pair you do also have to get them pretty well in line as well so could be that

Where are you?

What control is it what machine is it?

I used to work for a cnc control manuf' & before that for a cnc machine manuf'.