Coin Meters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just become the Treasurer at our club and part of the responsibilities are the coin meters within our buildings.. It looks to me that two of them are either faulty or just need resetting (pictures below)

So the question is.... can the "Unused units" dial be reset - it doesn't look like it corresponds to the "coins inserted" dial,,,, I'm going to check the rate setting once I can get access to a bill and see what rate we're currently paying

PM me any "sensitive" information

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/nozspark/20131020_130420.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/nozspark/20131020_131311.jpg

Hi, with regards to the first meter, yes! [ and this is from memory, about 30 years ago] If you take off the seal and remove the "clockwork" bit where you put the coins in, there is a gear wheel behind there, [driven by the clockwork bit] and you just twiddle it round with your finger. As i remember you change how much you get for one coin by putting the clockwork bit back in a different position, there are "notches" that are marked up in units to help you do this!!

john...

Yep   Wot he said  ,  most of those mechanisms on pic 1 meter are ancient and could be set up for anything .  Not sure but I think I had printed instructions  for those coin thingys.  

How come , when clicking on Noz's link , we access Noz's Photobucket library....thats not right is it ?

Is'nt that Saville in the last one ?  :C

Yep   Wot he said  ,  most of those mechanisms on pic 1 meter are ancient and could be set up for anything .  Not sure but I think I had printed instructions  for those coin thingys.  

How come , when clicking on Noz's link , we access Noz's Photobucket library....thats not right is it ?
Just tried it again  and all you get is the two photos  but first time there was a whole gallery of pics.

Noz,

One thing you need to be VERY careful of is not making a profit out of the "lektrik", else you fall under ESQCR, & all of the supplier regs, plus BS7671.

You "can" charge a "standing" charge for supply, which "MUST" be "REASONABLE", but you cannot make a profit on the supply of units of electricity.

Lol guys....

I know the basics about the reselling of lecky... I think we make a loss at the moment though and as we've just had our lift out there will be a lot more useage on the yard so the rate has to be rectified ASAP