Consumer unit help.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mivec

Reaction score
A year ago I had a new consumer unit fitted. I have a bathroom heater that is never used and now want to remove it, when I trip the MCD titled bathroom heater it remains on. I assume it should stop working. However, the electrician who fitted it refuses to answer my call so what should I do now. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, thanks yes I can do that but my question really is what to do about the electrician. Is there any organisation e.g. that I can go to regarding his no show.

The work was done a year ago? If the original electrician isn't responding to your requests I would think that your easiest solution is just to find someone else. A mislabelled circuit breaker for an appliance you don't even want any longer should be fairly easy to resolve.

when I trip the MCD titled bathroom heater it remains on. I assume it should stop working.
never assume anything

However, the electrician who fitted it refuses to answer my call so what should I do now. Any advice would be appreciated.
have you considered the fact thats its over a year later and there either busy or unavailable or simply remember you as an akward customer?

Hi, thanks yes I can do that but my question really is what to do about the electrician. Is there any organisation e.g. that I can go to regarding his no show.
what do you think there going to do about it? if they dont want the job then no one is going to force them to do so
Hi, yes NAPIT- I guess I should contact them thanks.
as above...

Unless you have some formal service contract agreement...
Such as if you are paying a monthly fee for someone to provide a specific timed response turnout at your beck & call..?

Then there is no legal obligation for anyone to respond to anyone's phone/text/email etc.. enquiries...

So either find another electrician..
Or wait until you original bod is able to answer you!

There is NO organisation that would pursue your "No-show" complaint...
They would only start being interested for miss-use of logo's..
and/or if someone had been proved to be negligent and injured a third party.

What would you like him to do when he answers your call?
Come around with a pen and mark on the circuit breaker that turns the heater off, ( Bathroom heater ) and scrub out the incorrect labelled one yeah.hes probably not answering thinking it's a nuisance cold calling.