Cooper security (Scantronic) 9448+ problems - long post sorry

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
after abit of help. dont do alarms normally, but i have fitted 2 honeywell ones for family a while ago. been asked by a neighbour to look at theirs.

Bear with me while i paint the picture.

whole street had a power cut this morning for a couple of seconds, burglar alarm started sounding and wouldnt reset when power restored or code entered.

anyway eventually get it to silence with code 1234 (not the code it should be) test batter in panel has 6v so change for new now showing 14v, still the same when power cut, alarm sounds and will only silence when code enetered (1234).

check cell in bell box which is 6v which it should. check internal fuses of panel all fine.

now when setting the alarm zones 5 & 6 flash (zones 1-4 used only) and wont set as should, and alarm just goes off as though a tamper but keypad doesnt show tamper.

opened panel and zones 5 and 6 arent used or linked out. on the honeywell alarm i fitted the unused zones are linked out otherwise a fault appears.

i linked zones 5 & 6 out as i had in the honeywell ones and alarm is now setting and working as it should, apart from when the power fails (now removing fuse from FCU) the alarm sounds and only stops when power restored and code entered (code can not be entered until power is back on).

neighbour has user manual but no engineers manual, have looked on web but cant find anything, there was a link on here on a thread by m107 i think, but from a while ago so link doesnt work now.

so i assume code has reverted to factory setting but for no reason and links for unused zones have disappeared. just to add this system is about 6 yeards old and has worked perfectly since installed. power cuts happen quite often but this is the first time this has happen.

sorry for long thread and hope it makes sense, any ideas would be much appriciated,

Wayne

sorted the un used zones thanks to noz and kerching sending me manuals. just trying to sort why it sounds when power loss and not silence automatically when power reinstated (needs code entering). thought the back up battery was there to kick in when power lost so normal operation continues.

wayne

sab? do you mean batt in the bell box, its written on it 6v and tested at 6v. internal batt is new and tests at 14v (12v written on it).

wayne