Council tax . Opinions welcomed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
additional £50 if we want our garden waste recycled apparently it isnt covered by "normal council tax"

same here for garden waste (think its £30 though). but they also say if you dont want to pay for it to be recycled, put it in the bin with the general waste...

However .the age of austerity is over    ..( Was that in Lord of the Rings?)     Mrs May said so ...and we have the budget tomorrow  ...I wonder . 

For years & years you could predict the budget ,  it always hit the working man in the pocket  and the cost of living went up .......they used to waffle for an hour  then  just as they were to sit down it was ....Oh by the way   ,  fags - beer- spirits- petrol - income  tax - NI  & road tax  all up !!!!  

Are you expecting a change this time then or are you predicting the same again?? 

Apparently we should be helped- well rumour has it that small business is going to get a break- do we get classed as small business I wonder? 

sorry to raise hope, just read that Hammond wants to clobber the white van man aka self employed with a NI hike. It’ll soon be time to go on the books if they keep hitting the self employed either that or it’s cash only ?? 

Just been told Anglesey council taxes are going up by 10% in april. 5% every year for the last 10 years now 10% surely there should be a cap? Minimal pay rises and fuel and electricity etc going up means a tight squeeze and any reductions due to tax threshold changes will be wiped out. Not happy at all with this. 

as I keep saying, by 2020 all local councils will be self funding with no finacial support from central government - makes you wonder waht our taxes are being used for?

also welsh government have now got the right to set their own tax rates for income tax.
That seems odd  .     Say if they dropped the rate to  10%   ....Sidey would  be crossing the border and stealing all our work  .

What if you live in England but work in Wales  ,  you'd  be paying more tax than Taff next to you , doing the same job .?   

Latest posts