court proceedings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the other company a Ltd company, if they are they have a legal obligation to publish the full trading name in any documents website etc'

If not they have a legal obligation to publish it as eg "John Smith trading as A Electrician"

Both with full contact details, you of course have the same obligations.

From what I have read, if 2 letters in the name are different, then you should have no problem, you have a full word that is different.

Round here every businesses is called "High Peak ******", fill in the blank, Plumbers, Electrical, Roofers etc.

We have two companies near myself and both are named the same with the exception that one is plural, one was established in the 19th century, the other a few years back, and only one letter (s) separates them.

PS. Even accounts get mixed up :slap

We have two companies near myself and both are named the same with the exception that one is plural, one was established in the 19th century, the other a few years back, and only one letter (s) separates them.PS. Even accounts get mixed up :slap
It also depends on if they are in the same line of business

I know I'm still in training but I'm qualified to carry out minor alterations and extensions on circuits and complete a minor works cert. I have changed the name now.

OK, so.Im stubborn so and so,

I wouldnt change my name,

The problem now arises as in your advert/etc being misleading,

You say you are qualified,

How do you comply with EAWR reg16,?

Playing devils advocate here.