Covid19 profiteering....boils my urine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently work for Amazon in one of their fulfilment centres. I was sent a text by the government telling Me that I am a 'key worker' and that I can go to work if I feel well enough. I have been advised to keep the text message, as if I feel My collar pulled by the police, the text acts as a passport of sorts, to be away from home with a valid reason why I am not at home.

I'm not sure how they get you onto a government list like that, or even that they had such a list (when they sent a message to everyone in the country earlier this week, they had to ask the mobile companies to do it for them!)

My colleague and I have PDFs of letters from some of our clients (care and grocery sectors) classifying our maintenance on their sites as essential, but AFAIK it should not be required at present; you are allowed to travel to work if its not reasonably practicable to work from home, and construction sites have not been ordered to close. Simply saying "I am travelling to work Officer, as it cannot be carried out remotely" should be enough. Several forces seem to be overstepping their marks though, I expect they will be told to be a bit more sensible about it soon. They'd be better off dispersing groups of youths hanging around on pavements, rather than harassing people traveling alone in vehicles

They'd be better off dispersing groups of youths hanging around on pavements, rather than harassing people traveling alone in vehicles

set up a checkpoint and stop all vehicles even though there is 1 person or send multiple officers wandering around looking for yoofs handing around on pavements... checkpoint will be easier and they can get their numbers up quicker...

set up a checkpoint and stop all vehicles even though there is 1 person or send multiple officers wandering around looking for yoofs handing around on pavements... checkpoint will be easier and they can get their numbers up quicker...
I find it odd that we end up on police racking up numbers of fines on a thread labelled profiteering!! 

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if gov have issued command to fine as many as possible to reduce burden of debt by whatever we can instruction?? 

am I the only one who thinks that China will take advantage of the world stock market crashing and buy up many controlling shares in vulnerable companies? I find it suspicious how the stock market is rebounding given that nothing has changed for the good as yet? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a Facebook video of an Indian shopkeeper selling hand sanitizer for £15.99. 

The customer walked out in disgust, leaving all her groceries behind. 

am I the only one who thinks that China will take advantage of the world stock market crashing and buy up many controlling shares in vulnerable companies? I find it suspicious how the stock market is rebounding given that nothing has changed for the good as yet? 

I felt like it was some kind of hard reset of the economy.?

Who is going to buy all these government bonds created by supporting the entire country financially?

We'll know more in a few months but for now I can guarantee someone out there is making a ton of money ( other than Jeff Bezos ) .   

Latest posts