Creda Program 600 1998 electric cooker radiant spiral burner

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58Hathley

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone know how to replace a burner on this old model? It does not "pull out" like modern ones, the ends are screwed in under a metal box. Is it possible to replace them??? Any help or info: welcomed!! Thanks. ( Creda Program 600 1998 electric cooker radiant spiral burner)

Last edited:
If you want advice about moving its supply cable or why does your MCB trip, no problem, but as electricians we do not work on white goods, (like asking a plumber to fix a washing machine) for that you need help from those who work on white goods everyday, with that in mind I suggest you try our friends at the UK white goods forum Click me

Hi, Does anyone know how to replace a burner on this old model? It does not "pull out" like modern ones, the ends are screwed in under a metal box. Is it possible to replace them??? Any help or info: welcomed!! Thanks. ( Creda Program 600 1998 electric cooker radiant spiral burner)
I'm sure it is possible if you can get the heating elements. Old stuff was built to be serviced.

radiant spiral burner

is this on the hob part of the cooker?

I'm sure it is possible if you can get the heating elements. Old stuff was built to be serviced.
like binky says they were built to be fixed, you will have keep removing screws until get to the part you want,

but first see if you can get a replacement part, then you will know if its posable to replace, there is no point trying to remove the old one until you know you can get a replacement part

is this on the hob part of the cooker?

like binky says they were built to be fixed, you will have keep removing screws until get to the part you want,

but first see if you can get a replacement part, then you will know if its posable to replace, there is no point trying to remove the old one until you know you can get a replacement part
Thanks for your reply