Customer changed my invoice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norv

Reaction score
Got a situation where I invoiced a customer for 4 days labour plus materials. He has sent me the cheque for 3 days labour plus materials & a nice letter saying I was unfair to charge him for 4 days. Not even a phonecall to discuss the invoice & he is refusing to pay for the extra day.

I didnt quote him initially but gave him a ball park figure which was about

Got a situation where I invoiced a customer for 4 days labour plus materials. He has sent me the cheque for 3 days labour plus materials & a nice letter saying I was unfair to charge him for 4 days. Not even a phonecall to discuss the invoice & he is refusing to pay for the extra day.I didnt quote him initially but gave him a ball park figure which was about

Got a situation where I invoiced a customer for 4 days labour plus materials. He has sent me the cheque for 3 days labour plus materials & a nice letter saying I was unfair to charge him for 4 days. Not even a phonecall to discuss the invoice & he is refusing to pay for the extra day.I didnt quote him initially but gave him a ball park figure which was about

something like this happened to me once though he just owed me money and was being very awkward about it,well i was driving past his house one sunday and i noticed balloons on the door with happy 7th b`day on them,so i returned at midday when they had all the party guests with parents,wife answered the door so i told her i had come for my money or the consumer unit was coming off the wall,soon payed up though i felt sorry for the wife but at least i got my money. ; )Guiness Drink

Or do it my way. 6 foot tall, 17 stone and a doorman - I have a funny habit of getting money. Only had to bundle someone into my transit and play nursery rhymes on the way to ther pier just once or twice. Big men cry a lot more quickly than you would give them credit for!

Or do it my way. 6 foot tall, 17 stone and a doorman - I have a funny habit of getting money. Only had to bundle someone into my transit and play nursery rhymes on the way to ther pier just once or twice. Big men cry a lot more quickly than you would give them credit for!
Hi cirrus i will remember you next time im owed money, do you charge a percentage or can you do it for pleasure ??? daveGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

haha used to do 'freebies' but discovered that a 'fee' ensures a 'clean' job;\
Do you work for the "Godfather" too? ?:|

He got annoyed at the last one of "his boys" who moonlighted] :)

Seriously, as you say 6`8" seems to work, especially if you`re very "soft & quiet" with it.......

Thats unfair, send the letter & cheque back and a copy of your invoice, requesting payment as per invoice, dont cash cheque as it could be concieved that you accepted the payment. Dont let him get away with it, send him the same letter & copy invoice again for the next three weeks, if he doesnt pay then take him through the small claims court, its your money, your time, your materials. I once did this, the courts told him to pay. he didnt, i then sent in the baliffs he soon paid after a sharp word from his missus when they knocked on the door. good luck, dave :( :( :(
Would concur with Heaths key points here! :)

dont cash the cheque yet.. and write a nice polite letter...

Thanking the customer for the cheque they posted but unfortunately they appear to have made an error with the amount..

which doesn't match the invoice for the agreed completed works..

and for their convenience enclose a stamped addressed envelope which they can return the correct cheque at their earliest opportunity.

Give them a reasonable chance to pay correctly..

and advise that if payment is not forthcoming within 30 days...

you will have to pass the incident over to your legal advisor's who would general pursue a formal claim to refund monies owed.

In a nutshell: You need to give them a reasonable chance to respond...

before getting the big guns out!

Something for the future. Never use the word "quote" always use "estimate"