Di-Log 9083P Any Good??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
Been looking through some old posts but only Batty seems to use one (not a big fan) does any one else have any info on how good they are for day to day use ?:|

I use a fluke at work at the moment and like it, but there a bit pricey, and I only need it for my few private (weekend) jobs, so I'm looking for something cheaper otherwise it'll take me 6 months to pay for it ;)

I use a fluke at work at the moment and like it, but there a bit pricey, and I only need it for my few private (weekend) jobs, so I'm looking for something cheaper otherwise it'll take me 6 months to pay for it ;)
There's a 2nd hand one on TEF auctions for

I was quite happy with it till i started fitting and testing r.c.b.o's and i got no reading on zs - just tripped out every time !!! - its still at the manufacturers (seward) to see whats wrong with it - it really gettin on my wick now - lol

We used to sell Di-log. Nothing wrong with them and the technical support from the company is very good. The problem is they are quite complicated and the intructions are a bit difficult to understand. Your average Sparks that cant be bothered to read the instructions and expect everything to be intuitive and just like his old Megger is going to struggle. Good meters though and they were virtually 100% fault free.

We used to sell Di-log. Nothing wrong with them and the technical support from the company is very good. The problem is they are quite complicated and the intructions are a bit difficult to understand. Your average Sparks that cant be bothered to read the instructions and expect everything to be intuitive and just like his old Megger is going to struggle. Good meters though and they were virtually 100% fault free.
Used to sell Dilog? Do you still sell any?

I did not find them hard to use. I think maybe I got the friday afternoon one.

Batty

I've got a 9083p and it's a good piece of kit. It's not in use every day as i do buiding maintenance so electrical work is only a part of what i do, but i'm pleased with the di-log.

Been looking through some old posts but only Batty seems to use one (not a big fan) does any one else have any info on how good they are for day to day use ?:|
If it's as good as my 9073 you won't have any problems with it, mine is about 2 years old & has never given me a days trouble. One thing though: make sure you read the manual & use good batteries (Alkaline). :) Andy.