Diversity

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adammid

Reaction score
Can anyone assist with applying diversity to an industrial aggregate wash plant?

I have been asked to assist a friend of mine so forgive me the info is a little sparse.

I have been told the wash plant requires a 500kVA supply. Contact has been made with the local DNO who say that a 1mVA transformer would be required however their network can only handle 1mVA more (don't belive this for a min but thats what I have been told) therefore they want to know what diversity can be applied. I find this odd because they have already been told it only requires 500kVA to run not 1mVA.

I am not aware of what starting currents there will be, and the manufacturer is not able to provide any info (again find this difficult to believe)

Anyway I can only go on what I have been informed (which is not a lot) and was wondering if anyone here has any info on where to start with applying diversity, what information I will require etc.

Many thanks in advance

Joe Bloggs told me...no actually i thought of a figure and doubled it. its obviously beyond your house bashing expertise. 

I'm telling you what it needs and i'm told it requires 500kVA. End of.

adam,

With that attitude, you will be getting no further help from me.

I asked a civil sensible question, to illicit more information so that you could be helped.

For your information, i have never done any "house bashing".

I have however designed & installed equipment the likes of which you obviously have no clue about else you would not have asked this question.

I could, have helped you a lot, now good luck & good bye

Mr Sidewinder is probably more qualified than most around here when it comes to large industrial works.

If anyone is obviously out their depth its yourself judging by most of the questions you have asked here, maybe hire someone with half a clue?

Obviously unless you have details of what the machinary being installed requires you cant apply anything as numbers can vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer.

indeed mr kme

uncalled for is the phrase

I too

would have used

mr mid

the forum members

by and large

are a friendly lot

however

just because a dog wags its tail

does not mean its safe to pull its tail

it might well bite

mr smith would suggest that an apology to mr winder is in order

mr smith will be watching

mr smith

Joe Bloggs told me...no actually i thought of a figure and doubled it. its obviously beyond your house bashing expertise. 

I'm telling you what it needs and i'm told it requires 500kVA. End of.

wow....

of out everone on here who could help with your particular problem, SW is probably the best person....

with an attitude like that, good look getting any answer from anyone here.

the only answer I could give woulda been to ask sidey,

as for him house bashing  :slap

I nearly choked on my butty one day when he rang me to ask about something really simple in a friends house,,,,,,  :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a lot on here, and tbh don't post much but what I read is a great help. I can't help here but I'm sure mr sidewinder could have because what I've read on here for a long time is he must eat and breath electricity. So your loss.

thank you mr mid

all members can have

bad days

maybe worthwhile

any member

having a bad day

reading their own post back

before

pressing the send button

mr smith

I didn't actually mean it to come across as harsh as it looked but no call for it. Sorry

As you said the info is all over the show. Have u got a list of loads and the start of a line diagram (I think it's called) for the installation? 

I find it odd that your asking a lot of dno related stuff yet you don't seem to much about it.?? You really shot yourself in the foot there...

Also Whats wrong with house bashing?
That is perhaps why I ask a lot of questions...... in order to learn.