DNO or as I call them Dunno!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Contacted the DNO today for information on a properties supply characteristics and earthing arrangement etc x, The response was unexpected, The phone call began with the usual press 1 then 4 then 2 rubbish before I managed to speak to a lady- I asked my questions and the response was "I will put you through to our technical department" then I got through to lady number 2 again asked the same questions- the response this time was " well you need a local electrician to tell you what supply you have" I asked why they don't have this information recorded ? The ladies response was " Well why would we " I asked if the Technical department had a manager I could speak to. A gentleman came to the phone again I asked the same questions and after a few minutes of back and forth he asked me to take photos of the incomer and E-Mail them to him? At that point I wondered what would have happened if I had asked for a Ze value?

Has anyone else experienced this? I had been under the impression the DNO should know what systems in place since they are supplying? And no the house doesn't run off a generator or a street light !! Thoughts please gents ?

Under esqcr they have to supply you with the information but in reality .......

I tried calling them once and got passed back and forth until I gave up.

UKPN have no idea of what they have or where, law or not.

They wiil give you three answers if its TNCS it will be less than .35 ohms if its TNS it will be less than .8 ohms and if its TT it will be less than 200 ohms supposedly.

I phoned them (Central Networks) once to tell them that virtually every supply I encounter in my area ( if its the original PILS STA ) has a carp Ze and some none at all and that , naturally, the householder is unaware of it until they get a sparky in , and did they not think that something should be done about it.

First the 12 year old kid I'm talking to says " We can't give you PME in that area" " Yes you can " I say. " House I was at last week has PME"

"Ah well you need to speak to your Electrical Contractor , before we can help you " "I am the Elect.. Contractor" I say.

"Well you must go through the company that supplies electricity to that property, is there anything else I can help you with ?"

:C :C