Dodgy plugs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Customer complained my newly fitted RCD was faulty because everytime she pluged in her fan heater it tripped. This is what i found

plug.jpg

She claimed this is how she bought it. :slap

Yeh right! Where did she buy it from would have been my next question..

Don't you just love the customers attitude though, blaming your new RCD.

I had a similar one when I did a CU change. A few days later the customer said could I come and fit one socket that was not protected by the RCD. I asked why. He said "Every time my wife plugs the iron in, the RCD trips, so I want a non RCD socket for the iron"

I told him to buy a new iron. :D

Don't you just love the customers attitude though, blaming your new RCD.I had a similar one when I did a CU change. A few days later the customer said could I come and fit one socket that was not protected by the RCD. I asked why. He said "Every time my wife plugs the iron in, the RCD trips, so I want a non RCD socket for the iron"I told him to buy a new iron. :D
had a similar one, customer thought rcd was faulty but really it was the nail he used to hang a pic up above his socket

I once went to a store that was complaining the UPS had failed during a power cut. Examined the wiring and after speaking to the staff found that the tills were all ok during the power cut, only the servers in the back office were affected. Turned out they had rearranged the back office and connected the server to a non-UPS protected sockets.

had a similar one, customer thought rcd was faulty but really it was the nail he used to hang a pic up above his socket
Yes, safe zones have got it all wrong. Of course he wants the nail directly above the socket so the picture hangs directly above the socket and it all looks nice.

If he moved the nail to one side to avoid the cable in the safe zone, the picture would look "off center"

Do you think the EIT will amend safe zones to specifically exclude putting a cable directly above a socket? :coat

Safe zones ????

they mean nothing to everyone except sparkies !!!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:13 ----------

Yes, safe zones have got it all wrong. Of course he wants the nail directly above the socket so the picture hangs directly above the socket and it all looks nice.If he moved the nail to one side to avoid the cable in the safe zone, the picture would look "off center"

Do you think the EIT will amend safe zones to specifically exclude putting a cable directly above a socket? :coat
going by that logic,,,,,would it not then be safer to run cables diagonally !!!!!

Latest posts