Does this pipework need bonding?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No not again Steps ;) For those not familiar, Steps is about to educate you on the joys of TN-C-S versus TT. And it is indeed an education.... ROTFWL
:slap

no,!

how very dare you?!

I was just opening a point for discussion.! ;)

Always with the subject of bonding and the importance /and /or necessity of it , my mind goes back to the bonding madness of the 15th (I think it was the 15h)

And I sum it up thus : -

Scenario A . A plumber fits a metal sinktop/drainer , it never gets bonded because there wasn't an electrician on that particular job.

But if we were there and missed a sink bond the local authority Clerk of the Jerks would bite your gonads off.

Scenario B. A DIYer fits same sink , never gets bonded.

Scenario C . Gas supply is installed , again no sparky so thats never bonded either.

Scenario D. You try to earth a sink top but it has no means of connection .Again it suddenly becomes less important.

Scenario E. You must (a) Strap it to the H&C or B Connect it to the nearest socket or C wire it back to the board with 2.5/ 4mm/ 6mm/ 10mm I've had the lot .

But it always seemed to me that it was deathly important to bond a sink , unless there,s no sparky there ...then no one can be bothered to organize it so forget it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats strange ...why can I do (a) like that but when I do B or C they show up like this ( B-) and ©

Theres something wrong with the Forum DON'T PANIC

Just trying it again while Brian is out of the room ................ (a) so far so good.... ( B-) Ooops and ©

Let me try a capital B and C ( B-) and ©

No- no good can't do a b or c in brackets .

Anymore ???/ (d) (e) (f) (g) (h) (i) (j) (k) (l) (m) (n0 ( O) (p) (q) ® (s) (t) (u) (v) (w) (x) (y) (z)

Always with the subject of bonding and the importance /and /or necessity of it , my mind goes back to the bonding madness of the 15th (I think it was the 15h)

And I sum it up thus : -

Scenario A . A plumber fits a metal sinktop/drainer , it never gets bonded because there wasn't an electrician on that particular job.

But if we were there and missed a sink bond the local authority Clerk of the Jerks would bite your gonads off.

Scenario B. A DIYer fits same sink , never gets bonded.

Scenario C . Gas supply is installed , again no sparky so thats never bonded either.

Scenario D. You try to earth a sink top but it has no means of connection .Again it suddenly becomes less important.

Scenario E. You must (a) Strap it to the H&C or B Connect it to the nearest socket or C wire it back to the board with 2.5/ 4mm/ 6mm/ 10mm I've had the lot .

But it always seemed to me that it was deathly important to bond a sink , unless there,s no sparky there ...then no one can be bothered to organize it so forget it .
I did hear of people bonding metal window frames aswell, to be immediately removed by home owner for being bloody ugly and in the way ... :^O

OH, bonding metal windows, I made some really good friends of tenants in those days,

and sinks when they didnt have an earth lug, drilling a brand new sinktop for a 6mm bolt, gawd did I go through some amount of drill bits at that time.......

Latest posts