Downlight Fitting swap in ensuite

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if there is not any more slack, and i obviously can’t get access from above, am i not going to be able to swap these fittings over to chrome ones?

I'd suggest having a play around with dropping all downlights, for it maybe that one is on a longer length but is snagged which is not letting the slack off to the other.

if you have a small camera or can get your phone through an opening on video with flash on then you might see whats going on?

Strange then, so back in 2004 when this was built, and all the others on this development, it obviously wasnt in the regs to put fire rated fittings in, because none of the standard lights are so in any of the toilets and ensuites
I cant find the part B 2000 amd 2002 volume 1 of the building regs, although I have volume 2 on my hard drive relating to non-domestic.

Intumescent hoods have been a requirement much earlier than 2000 though, to keep the fire rating of the ceiling being compromised by drilling holes in it.

So, have a look with your phone as Sharpend says and see if there is concrete or floorboards above the void, and possibly the cable to your intransigent light fitting is snagged on a hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts