earthing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
just started a re-wire and the main water supply is totally plastic, no stop cock (as it is in the street) so nothing to earth.

Main water incommer = plastic

no stop cock

water to boiler = plastic

water to bathroom = plastic

water to sink = plastic

the only way i can earth anything, is to supplementary bond the copper pipes at the boiler, which will be cross bonded with the gas supply, which i can bond at the supply anyway....

What do u do wheni have the same situation ???

I would put N/A on the EIC as nothing to bond. The outputs from the boiler could be copper for the first couple of meters - could be worth bonding those?

I agree with the above, there is no requirement to bond the water if the water pipe is plastic. I am surprised however that there is no stopcock.

agree with Manator.

no stopcock ????????

I usually try get the plumber to put me a piece of copper(1m) just after the stopcock if install is going to be plastic.

yeah same here, when i asked the client, he said that they installed the new water supply in a few weeks ago, and everything is plastic and they installed no stop cock at all, but on a nother jon that i am doing, the plumber put a stop cock in half way along the plastic pipes either side of it.

will have to get a screwdriver and turn off in the street if they need to, nice and convenient

Latest posts