Easycert EICR Industrial/Commercial

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp hughes

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on the Easycert industrial/commercial EICR form.
There are 25 items under 6.0 "Distribution Circuits", presumably these are for sub-mains distribution.

Item 6.19 reads: "Condition of circuit accessories" so what accessories would that be?
Any consumer units would be under 5.0 "Distribution Equipment" and any isolators would be under 8.0 "Isolation and Switching"?

Item 6.20 reads: "Suitability of circuit accessories for external influences." Likewise, what circuit accessories?

and Item 6.22 reads: "Adequacy of connections, including cpc's, within accessories and to fixed stationary equipment - identify/record numbers and locations of items inspected." Again, accessories and fixed stationary equipment within the distribution circuits?? And you have to document all items inspected??

I found 1 circuit suffering from damp and a socket box had completely corroded so socket was not secured, also IR readings very low, under what number in the inspection schedule would this be recorded?

The form seems poorly put together to me. Why cant they just have a standard EICR like the EIC model forms with a check box for domestic, industrial or commercial?

JP

An accessory usualy forms part of the final circuit, not the distribution circuit. Maybe I'm being pedantic but to put "accessories" and "fixed stationary equipment" under "distribution circuits" is wrong, they should be items under "final circuits" and "current using equipment" respectively.

I see what you mean now and I agree, unfortunately these Certs contain far too much information in relation to BS7671.

An accessory usualy forms part of the final circuit, not the distribution circuit. Maybe I'm being pedantic but to put "accessories" and "fixed stationary equipment" under "distribution circuits" is wrong, they should be items under "final circuits" and "current using equipment" respectively.
no cert is perfect, you just have to adapt it to suite your needs.

I find the comments section handy for clarifications AND the software I use allows you to make individual comments about the codes you allocate meaning instead of just just damaged accessory you can add 2G back box broken behind bed in main bedroom

Latest posts