Economy 7 Immersion Heater Not Working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha yes, its the same issue an weve been living with it for much longer than 6 weeks! Weve actually sold our house now so even more in need of getting it resolved before the new owners move in...

Ive just recieved the voltage stick an given it a quick test. I held it against the wire going into the element and it suprised me that it glowed which means that there is a voltage runninh through it right? But this was at like 7pm and i wasnt expecting there to be any power running through it until the economy 7 times later tonight, is that normal that it should have voltage all the time? Ill try it again around midnight aswell but i assume itll be the same then too.

Next step then is to get another electrician in an hope he can act on some of the advice on here seeing as weve narrowed it down now somewhat.

That just shows what utter rubbish voltage detector pens are. they do have some uses but this is not one of them.

You just need a different electrician. By far the best way to find one that is competent is recommendation from a friend or even from someone on facebook or similar.

Ask him if he is competent at fault finding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts