Elecsa Registration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to register with Elecsa for Part P. Ive been going through the paperwork getting ready for the assessment and notice they require previous certificates issue.

1) What do you do if you havent issued any certificates before?

2) Where did you get your complaints procedure from and if possible is there any chance anyone can send me a copy of yours

3) Risk assessment. Has anyone got a generic risk assessment that can be used on all jobs?

4) Health & Safety Policy. Any info greatfully received.

This has probably been discussed on here before so I will do a search now but any information or pointers would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
1. All previous work including the work you are going to use for assesment will need to be tested and certified, if you only have two ready then those certificates will do.

2. You can download this information from your provider website.

3. The NICEIC have a download of this on their website I am sure Elesca have the same.

4. As above.

I believe most things will be in the welcome pack which you recieve before your assesment.

PS. I would take your e-mail out of your post you may get spammed :)

PPs I think Andy posted some very usefull Risk assesment forms and the like.

You should have got a starter pack that contained a sample risk assessment.

I'm sure ELECSA have the risk assessments to download or assessor may give you some.

Complaints book; Just pick up an A4 lined book at the stationers . Sticker on the front saying "Complaints Book" Mark the Left page for " Nature of Complaint" and right page for "Action Taken"

Just put address ,nature of complaint on left, action taken and date resolved on the right.

Last one in my book is 2006 for a faulty fan .

Don't forget;

Calibration certificates.

PL Insurance.

EIC cert for the job you are presenting.

17th ed. Regs

OSG

Evidence that you give out quotations.

He will want to see that you can carry out tests so probably ask you to test for the Ze or Zs on a socket. May ask you what the RCD X5 test is for .

ELECSA are very friendly and are on your side, they want you on board (more members more money) assessor will be an ex spark . Everyone one here gets nervous when judgment day comes around , including me and I've been in the trade since Elvis was demobed from the US Army.

I'll look through my ELECSA bumf later if you want, when is assessment ?

Deke

You also need 'Memorandum of guidance on the electricity at work regulations 1989' HSR25.

You don't have to have 'Electricity at work, safe working practices' HSG85, although it may come in useful.

On every assessment i have ever had i have been asked to show how to test a final ring circuit. Also you get asked about earth cables, mainly in connection with Table 54G

You also need 'Memorandum of guidance on the electricity at work regulations 1989' HSR25.You don't have to have 'Electricity at work, safe working practices' HSG85, although it may come in useful
The online versions are excepted as well, most of the welcome packs have these publication in them.

Duck, your suppose to tell LBC that you are doing the work etc, this is the correct way of doing it.

my LBC wanted 375+vat, i just did the job and notifed it as my first job. they dont want to see paper work or even ask about the LBC so my advice would be to get on with it, though others will say otherwise