Electrical Certificate Problem - Advice Needed Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have waited a long time for him to sort it out but now, as a result of his illness he has ceased trading altogether.

I have spoken to him recently but he is a shadow of his former self and is unable to help me. 

Because of this the building work has not been signed off.

I have since found out that he was with a scheme but did not renew recently. They have no record of my installation. I will have to contact the BOC to see what they say.
I am not surprised he has not renewed recently, as you said earlier he has ceased trading and has been very ill...

Can we have some timescales and dates to all of these events...

How long ago did your building works start..?

When did they finish..?

When did you last have communication with the electrician..?

When did his membership of whatever scheme actually end..?

I still cannot see any logical reason why someone who was a pukka member of an electrical contracting body,

did not issue all the correct paperwork within a few days of completing the job...

From the limited information given it does sound like someone has conned you and maybe ripped you off claiming to be something they were not in order to do the work..

Thanks for coming back with this new info...

Please do keep us informed of how it progresses..

As you say I think you need to have a chat with your LABC see what they will accept top get your work signed off.

Guinness

Hi.... try to find a local electrician who is a registered 3rd party certifier. He will be able to inspect and test the installation and certificate it. He will need the details of the original installer for certificate purposes and this will be accepted by labc.

Hi.... try to find a local electrician who is a registered 3rd party certifier. He will be able to inspect and test the installation and certificate it. He will need the details of the original installer for certificate purposes and this will be accepted by labc.
Not if the OP lives in Guildford - they will NOT accept any 3rd party testing except by their own "approved" suppliers - and they are not cheap!

Not sure that an labc can stipulate that their own approved inspectors can only be used. If the inspector is approved to undertake 3rd party certification ( which involves close scrutiny of both knowledge and qualifications) then that should be sufficient. If you have had problems with refusal of guildford labc accepting certificate then maybe you need to inform your scheme provider to educate them.

Not sure that an labc can stipulate that their own approved inspectors can only be used. If the inspector is approved to undertake 3rd party certification ( which involves close scrutiny of both knowledge and qualifications) then that should be sufficient. If you have had problems with refusal of guildford labc accepting certificate then maybe you need to inform your scheme provider to educate them.

Guildford DO THIS. and even when I helped a client word an email to them they weren't giving in.

As for 3rd Party - thats a logs of dogs poo - I'm now with Stroma and that "gives me" 3rd party sign off as part of the standard package, so no closer scrutiny of knowledge and qualifications - not that I'm going to use it!