ELECTRICIAN / MATE / IMPROVER REQUIRED NEEDED / WANTED / VACANCY - Full Rewires in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone made contact about any of the various job opportunities from Mr Whits?If so has information been forthcoming, or as per Lurch's observation, not?

any feedback please gents (ladies)

Doc H.
Yeah, I have. Had a nice long chat with him, but wanted some one to start the following monday morning. Would have been OK, but it was about midday on Sunday when we spoke. :_|

You`re all missing it, aren`t you?So, You can go in the morning, disconnect any one circuit, do an r1+r2, insulation, polarity - STOP.

That`s your 5 tests done!

I`ll go up there for that......... :coat

`cos it can`t be 5 PIR`s in a day......unless you`re just PIR`ing a 2 MCB builder`s DB unit.

KME
its typical subbies council PIR prior to refurb probably,

prove IR so an RCD will hold in, check main bonds, maybe continuity, and a visual of fittings.

no way you could even start to do it properly for

Testing is domestic properties, some in stockport - Fully re-wired the day before test, and the ones in manchester have just had a kitchen re-wire and upgrade throughout the property.

There are 4 - 8 tests a day.

Thanks

Daniel

ps, there installation certificates, - you only have to test 10% of each circuit, most only have 5-6 circuits in a prop, up lights, down lights, cooker, k sockets, sockets, and occationally shower.

the PIR are done before we enter so we know to just re-wire the property.

Thanks

daniel

are you not worried the tests arn't being done properly.

as 1 hour to do the tests is a joke

Thought you had to test 100% to complete an EIC? ?:|
You`re correct - 10% is for PIR of existing, and even then, if any non-compliances are evident; it should be upped to 20%. If further non-compliances are found, 100% should be tested (usually only on domestic. Commercial will usually do 10% overall; especially on larger properties; irrespective of non-compliances found).

KME

ps, there installation certificates, - you only have to test 10% of each circuit, most only have 5-6 circuits in a prop, up lights, down lights, cooker, k sockets, sockets, and occationally shower.the PIR are done before we enter so we know to just re-wire the property.

Thanks

daniel
Note Bulmer & my posts above.

There are 4 - 8 tests a day.
:good luck:

are you not worried the tests arn't being done properly.as 1 hour to do the tests is a joke
Lets take the lower end of the scale - 4 per day; 5 circuits per install.

So you`re going to test, inspect & issue an EIC on a 5 circuit property in 2 hours?

Your suggestion of 10% is, IMO, incorrect. All 5 circuits require full testing.

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that, if you are rushing the installs, in the same way you want to rush the I&T, the chances of faults are quite high.

I`d want

Note Bulmer & my posts above.
default_good%20luck.gif

Lets take the lower end of the scale - 4 per day; 5 circuits per install.

So you`re going to test, inspect & issue an EIC on a 5 circuit property in 2 hours?

Your suggestion of 10% is, IMO, incorrect. All 5 circuits require full testing.

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that, if you are rushing the installs, in the same way you want to rush the I&T, the chances of faults are quite high.

I`d want

Latest posts