Eon Energy Monitor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I had a chuckle today, customer called to say they are not happy with electric bills, even when they are not using the house the bills still seem high.

They fitted a Eon Energy Monitor then started phoning Eon to say the bills were higher than the monitor was advising.

Eon replied but the units used were right and the bills were correct.

She phoned me and asked if I could call in sometime and check things were right.

Now its a big house, manor house with 12-15 bedrooms, with all sorts swimming pool, cinema, gym the lot.

Anyway its a 3 Phase supply, open meter box and inside is the Eon transmitter with 1 clamp around the Neutral, haha.

Check with my amp meter and got 5A-L1, 0.7A-L2, 0.5A-L3, house is not being used just now.

Went into the house to see what the receiver was reading with the clamp round the Neutral and it was 387 Watts - ooops.

I phoned Eon for them and they are sending another two clamps out, you would have thought that while she has been logging complaint after complaint saying bills don't match monitor that someone would have asked if it was 3 Phase, or at least checked their bill details and see that, instead of spending hours on the phone getting them to check things, even sent a replacement unit to try.

People wonder why this country is in a mess.

The country may be in a mess but the big companies are laughing especially the energy providers. I honestly think all the selling off was a way to get us to pay out more money. I know things go up but we use to pay about

Latest posts