Error Warning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninlondon1

Reaction score
I just clicked on a post and got this warning message

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk contains content from planetsmilies.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?

We have already notified planetsmilies.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on planetsmilies.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

Just done a google search and it's happening on loads of forums. Must be something to do with where the smilies come from not tef :)

I have been informed of this happening on "Google Chrome". Is that what you are using?

I am going to ban all planet smilies addresses.

If you wish to use any smilies from there, you will either have to download them to your PC or upload them to a photo hosting site, such as, Photobucket etc.

EDIT - I have now banned that site.

Just to add that Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk is safe and that the site Planet Smilies has been compromised. All websites that contain links for smilies from that website (in the thousands) will have this message show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin, does this affect the smilies that can be used from inside this reply box? I am only asking, a rock is about as PC savvy as Me :p AndyGuinness
no, its only if you use a smiley form a different site, and link it to here