Faulty Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having an issue with my alarm. It used to set fine but now the unset light is constantly flashing and it makes a different noise when you try and set the alarm.

No idea what type of alarm it is but have 2 pictures. Which i can't post because it won't let me add links until 10 posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate without the picks it isn't much to go on!

Welcome to the forum. When was the battery last replaced, most manufactures recommend a 5 or 6 year life span for sealed lead acid rechargeable that are typically used inside alarm panels. Faulty battery can cause strange symptoms.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its probably never had the battery replaced to be fair. House was built in 07 and i've been here for over a year now. Any idea how I could diagnose the issue?

Open the panel and see what make model it is. That is the panel, not the keypad. But I have to almost agree, an old standby battery can cause problems, and if its a Yuasa battery its life is 5 years if its powersonic its life is about "10 minutes"

So would a way to test it be to trip the power on the fuse socket and see if the alarm goes off?

You can but if its not working properly anyway that may not work. I would imagine battery needs changing anyway as its 7 years old.