ferroli Modena 80e problems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my boiler tripped the RCD and would not set. I switched the spur feeding the timer clock off and it set. So thought it could of been the clock so I replaced the clock, it still trips.

Then I bypassed the clock at the boiler to just run it of the stat and all was fine until recently. It shows a fault at the boiler.

And then as if by magic it fixed its self and started to work, that lasted 3 days and now it's broke again.

I'm thinking pcb (I'm also thinking I'll never buy ferroli after this)

I've got a pregnant mrs who's moaning she's cold, it's starting to hurt my ears.

Cheers

The only way to properly identify the fault would be an insulation tester with a decent operator. However if I were a gambling man, I'd go for the pump.

Cheers lads I'll investigate further, how difficult is a pump change if it comes to that.

I forgot to mention the hot water has worked fine throughout, would that still suggest the pump could be faulty.

Tim,

just test the pump, it won't take very long and then you'll have either found the fault or ruled it out. If you're just going to guess at what is causing your problem then it is very likely that you are going to waste money on parts that you don't need,, in which case I'd get BG out on a fixed price repair

how difficult is a pump change if it comes to that.
Normally a piece of cake. Usually an isolating valve and union nut each side.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:15 ----------

I forgot to mention the hot water has worked fine throughout, would that still suggest the pump could be faulty.
Assuming gravity fed hot water and pumped central heating, then yes.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:15 ----------

i would have thought youd just get a bit wet more than anything :slap :coat
Comic genius!

Normally a piece of cake. Usually an isolating valve and union nut each side.---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:15 ----------

Assuming gravity fed hot water and pumped central heating, then yes.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:15 ----------

Comic genius!
Riggy, it's a combi boiler;)

Noz I'm not guessing I'm working away and won't be back home till Saturday, so I wanted to get as much info as I can so I've got an idea of possible parts and prices.

The advice is appreciated.

Noz I'm not guessing I'm working away and won't be back home till Saturday, so I wanted to get as much info as I can so I've got an idea of possible parts and prices.The advice is appreciated.
I'm glad that's the case, however it may still be worth ringing up BG to see how much they'd charge.

I had them out to a customers once to an old Worcester Combi, it needed a PCB which I could buy for

Don't know if you're interested but I've fixed the boiler. It was the thermistor.

Not really sure mate, there are two one on the PRV (CH) and one on another pipe (HW). I linked out the stat and the clock to count out external wiring and it still didn't work. That led to something internal so I rang tech support and they said its most likely to be thermistor or the pcb. He said I should be getting 10-20 ohms on the thermistor and I was getting nowt. So went to pick one up but had to buy them as a pair cost me