Ferry Or Drive Across The Sea...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't get very far onto the beach did he?

If you go to Fraser Island, down under, the main "road" along the island is the beach (75 mile beach so named because it's 76 miles long) but then they only allow 4WD vehicles on the island as all the roads are sand roads.

He should have hired a Dukw

Mind that would probably have bogged down as well as it needs a firm slipway to launch into the water.

How could that have been any funnier?

Well.........it could have been underwater

And had a caravan on the back
This one always amuses me. Surely nobody can be that dumb?

boat-ramp-300x225.jpg

few month ago there was a bike ride finish line above a small beach / boat club. whilst waiting for someone finishing, we were watching some people on the beach. they had loaded a jet ski onto a trailer, and pulled it up as far as possible. they then tried to take the car onto the beach to tow it away. they got stuck almost immediately. they then free'd the car then managed to turn around, and reverse almost to the sea. it wasnt until the got it free 45 mins later that i realised just how many people were watching them - plenty people cheering / shouting once they finally got it out. no idea what they done with the jet ski, probably waited until someone with a suitable vehicle went for it

so something similar at St Ives, some daft fella with 4x4 up to his axles in soft sand of the very dry and about 4ft deep variety - makes you appreciate tarmac :slap

Jet Skiiers are a breed of their own. Most "ordinary" boat owners hate them and won't help them. Many private slipways (e.g the one at our boat club) don't allow jet skis to launch.

when following the sat nav, did they just not see any water and think "maybe this isn't a good idea". Next news article "My sat nav told me to jump off a cliff, and I survived"

He should have hired a Dukw

Mind that would probably have bogged down as well as it needs a firm slipway to launch into the water.

Wouldn't use the one's from Liverpool as they have a tendency to become submarines ie sink